Innovative Marine Aquariums

is the Blue Tang ok?

dids22

hey,

i bought that small tang a month ago.

Last week, i have been noticed the tang have some bulges on the sides.

Is that OK? i thought it should be more smooth.

Thanks.

post-91280-0-01755000-1462912537_thumb.jpg

post-91280-0-61939900-1462912539_thumb.jpg

Doesn't look normal to me, not sure what it is. No offense but a blue tang has no business being in a 15g tank, they grow very large. It's probably contributing to that algae issue.

Cencalfishguy56

hey,

i bought that small tang a month ago.

Last week, i have been noticed the tang have some bulges on the sides.

Is that OK? i thought it should be more smooth.

Thanks.

could be internal parasites

Doesn't look normal to me, not sure what it is. No offense but a blue tang has no business being in a 15g tank, they grow very large. It's probably contributing to that algae issue.

dang crushed his dreams lol
HarryPotter

Tang + 15g aquarium= sick/dying tang+ algae :(

Sorry! You could try treating it but if you're putting it back into that size tank I doubt it will recover

it's a baby tang.

when the tang will grow, it will get a bigger home.

could be internal parasites

How the parasites got there? how to treat it?

JavaJacketOC

it's a baby tang.

when the tang will grow, it will get a bigger home.

How the parasites got there? how to treat it?

Wild caught fish often have some type of parasite if not multiples, it's just a matter of if they can maintain the proper health to prevent the parasite from taking over and causing damage. There are lots of potential things it could be, you can google search, maybe start here: http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2007/10/aafeature1

Although it's currently small, to echo the prior comments, a 15 gallon tank could be stressing the fish out and contributing to it's downfall, maybe, maybe not.

It could also be that the fish is thin from being imported and the bulges are a result of the food you're offering. Are they always present or only for a day or so after feeding? A lot of new fish don't know how to eat things like pellets so if it's a large food item and it's getting to their small stomach, it could just be that it's a little thin.

Cencalfishguy56

Try prazi-pro.

Baby tangs still need their room. Just like you won't raise a baby in a bathroom stall.

lol good analogy

Archived