Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

FedEx rant

Cencalfishguy56

Cencalfishguy56

In my area its says by 12:00 but damn they are always late!! and today they still haven't come yet! I got shit to do! lol end rant.

In my area its says by 12:00 but damn they are always late!! and today they still haven't come yet! I got shit to do! lol end rant.

Poor thing! I've had a FedEx express order 'guaranteed by 10:30AM' show up at 4:40pm, when I was ready to cry about dead corals. I didn't know they're tougher than they seem, but I've learned not to freak out unless it's an overnight delay.

Cencalfishguy56

Poor thing! I've had a FedEx express order 'guaranteed by 10:30AM' show up at 4:40pm, when I was ready to cry about dead corals. I didn't know they're tougher than they seem, but I've learned not to freak out unless it's an overnight delay.

they are baby clownfish poor little fishes :(

if it was coral I wouldnt feel so bad lol

chipmunkofdoom2

I had a similar experience with my tank bred True Percs order from LiveAquaria. Only difference was UPS was the courier. Delivery was guaranteed by 12:00PM, didn't show until after 4:30 PM. Everything turned out okay.

Just be sure not to acclimate them too slowly. Lots of info out there about how slow acclimation after long ship times is really bad for lots of fish. I won't reiterate here. Just something of which you should be aware.

This is why I always pick "hold at local facility". It's there by 12 no matter which store I pick, and not sitting on the truck til 8pm (the normal time of deliveries to my house).

If packed well, fish can live a long time in a bag if temperature isn't crazy hot or cold (cold is better than hot though). I have seen as long as 4 days.

When I brought my fish to the swap to sell, they were in the bag 48 hours since I wanted to get them professionally packed with oxygen (couldn't do it same day). No problems.

Bldgengineer

Fedex has always been horrible for me. Both at home and at work. Also, if the shipper decides they need a signature then I have to take the day off or else I will never get my package.

jamescstein

That is why I always have my deliveries sent to closest FedEX office so I can pick them up first thing in the morning. No riding around in the FedEX truck all day in 98 degree weather.

I love late deliveries as long as they make it the day they say they will. Get the shipping free that way. I ship reptiles out about once a week and the average shipping cost is around $60-$70. So that's a nice savings when they reimburse the shipping charges.

Cencalfishguy56

That sucks. Whats the point of a guaranteed time (especially if you pay for it)?

lol this is what I'm saying, the fish ended up showing up at 2:55 when I had something to do, luckily somebody was able to pick them up and hold them till I was done as it was 86 degrees outside, just happy it wasn't in the 90's yet

Next time I'll just take the 20 minute drive to the FedEx

Drew Shark

I love late deliveries as long as they make it the day they say they will. Get the shipping free that way. I ship reptiles out about once a week and the average shipping cost is around $60-$70. So that's a nice savings when they reimburse the shipping charges.

So I am curious about this as I have a FedEx Berghia and coral shipment coming in tomorrow. Are you saying if it's not there by 10:30 am I can file a claim and get all the shipping back? Or does the company that I bought the stuff from get it? It is $40 so it's worth getting back.

Shipper has to file the late delivery claim, it's on the or account number.

Request a refund from your vendor.

Hammerstone

My package arrived at who knows when in December and it was freezing out. They left it to the side of my door so while I was checking outside from my door I couldn't see it. My package was cold inside. They don't ring the bell or knock or anything.

Cencalfishguy56

My package arrived at who knows when in December and it was freezing out. They left it to the side of my door so while I was checking outside from my door I couldn't see it. My package was cold inside. They don't ring the bell or knock or anything.

my first coral shipment the lady made sure I answered the door just out of generosity as she read the box, the next shipment he just dropped it off and left and yesterday I wasn't home so I wouldn't know but luckily my gf wasn't doing anything so she picked it up for me and held onto it

funny story about fish in bags for too long, i was working at an LFS, i was doing the fish order by myself as i always did, but no one told me a second delivery had happened that day. the bags where in a dark tank at the far end, couldnt see any bags and because there wasnt a light nothing was in the tank, a week later i decided to break the tank down and clean it. i found the bags with still alive and well fish in there. confused i asked everyone and there was no deliveries except on the one i did. the fish sat in a bag for a week. it was a fresh fish i cant remember the species but i was impressed.

HarryPotter

My home has this weird doorbell that can send your phone a notification if there is motion at the door and also you can talk through a speaker.

So when I'm at school and see coral being dropped off, I asked the person to put the box in the shade. They sometimes get pretty shocked when the doorbell starts talking :lol:

Hammerstone

My home has this weird doorbell that can send your phone a notification if there is motion at the door and also you can talk through a speaker.

So when I'm at school and see coral being dropped off, I asked the person to put the box in the shade. They sometimes get pretty shocked when the doorbell starts talking :lol:

the haunted door!!! Lol that's funny!?

Shipper has to file the late delivery claim, it's on the or account number.

Request a refund from your vendor.

My feeling is if the livestock is healthy, I will let the vendor know they can claim a refund from the shipper but I don't expect to get reimbursed. The vendors I'm sure lose more money on shipping so if they can get a little extra to make up for losses I'm sure they experience that they need to reimburse for, I'm good with that.

I ordered some dry rock recently and the box it came in looked like ace ventura delivered it.

It was so damaged it was comical. I was out of town and my girlfriend told me whatever i ordered was definitely broken.

Archived