inTank Media Baskets

Stella's Flower (anemone) Garden

ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds

Yup, I did it. Started another tank. This one will remain very simple. A fusion 10, one rock, some sand and a bunch of flower anemones. I noticed in my big tank, a few would crawl under the rockwork and start to whither. I have a bunch that have crawled on the tonga as well and I can't see them! So my solution? Start a rock flower nem tank :)

I'm also going to incorporate some macros for nutrient control and maybe a gorg for height. Other than that, just flowers :)

The start:

The tank: IM Fusion 10

Flow: Hydor Centrifugal pump (185 GPH)

Sand: fiji mud covered with caribsea special grade substrate (coarse)

Heater: I don't remember, but there's one in there

Lighting: Par bulb Nanobox Tide Plus M in GOLD! Fancy.

DOB: 5/8/2016

Current FTS:

xD4t7Q4.jpg

the start: Which par bulb???

rgB53EQ.jpg

WXBg5EY.jpg

And now it has water:

OZLyg4T.jpg

That's all I've got so far :)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got Corals

I love Rock Flowers!!

Cant wait to see it, iM at work and don't have access to the pictures :(

Sandy

ReefWeeds

I love Rock Flowers!!

Cant wait to see it, iM at work and don't have access to the pictures :(

Sandy

Well, nothing too exciting yet! Just a tank with some water and a big ole rock :) Hopefully soon I can move the flowers in!

thanks Sandy!

Got Corals

Awesome...

We are having a special (didn't mean for this to be a plug ;) ) we will send you 4 rock flowers of our choice for 135- shipped to your door..

We have an overload of nems and need some space for our monthly order..

Sandy

gotcorals@gmail.com

www.gotcorals.com

reefernanoman

Yup, I did it. Started another tank. This one will remain very simple. A fusion 10, one rock, some sand and a bunch of flower anemones. I noticed in my big tank, a few would crawl under the rockwork and start to whither. I have a bunch that have crawled on the tonga as well and I can't see them! So my solution? Start a rock flower nem tank :)

I'm also going to incorporate some macros for nutrient control and maybe a gorg for height. Other than that, just flowers :)

The start:

Lighting: Par bulb

rgB53EQ.jpg

WXBg5EY.jpg

And now it has water:

OZLyg4T.jpg

Fusion 10G? Cool.

ReefWeeds

Fusion 10G? Cool.

Yeah! After reading Teenyreef's thread, I was honestly shocked at how small the 10 gallon looks when you get it :lol: I have NO idea how he fits all that stuff in there.

The start:

Lighting: Par bulb

rgB53EQ.jpg

WXBg5EY.jpg

And now it has water:

OZLyg4T.jpg

You're a ####ing lunatic!

ReefWeeds

You're a ####### lunatic!

We all know this. That's not news! Braaap said I was ####ing bonkers so you guys must think along the same lines

:^ p

reefernanoman

Yeah! After reading Teenyreef's thread, I was honestly shocked at how small the 10 gallon looks when you get it :lol: I have NO idea how he fits all that stuff in there.

I know right? he has done a great job there! I'm also getting there!

We all know this. That's not news! Braaap said I was ####### bonkers so you guys must think along the same lines

:^ p

El Jeffe must be out of town.......

Lucy, ju got sum splaining to du!

ReefWeeds

El Jeffe must be out of town.......

Lucy, ju got sum splaining to du!

:lol: el Jeffe IS out of town :)

ReefWeeds

more and more I am debating setting up the Spec V to make it a RFA tank.....

Well you probably know what I'm going to say: do it!!! :)

Well you probably know what I'm going to say: do it!!! :)

EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM WILL SAY DO IT hahahahaha. grrrrrrrr it would be simple.....all I need is a light for it and the RFAs them selves!

ReefWeeds

EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM WILL SAY DO IT hahahahaha. grrrrrrrr it would be simple.....all I need is a light for it and the RFAs them selves!

Well, Jack wouldn't I don't think :lol:

Yeah, plus feed them once a week and minimal water changes. Pretty low maintenance is what I'm thinking. My problem is I have trouble spot feeding them all in my 66 with the tonga in there. They're all over and I can't reach behind where some are. Still not sure how I'm going to get them out, but eventually I'll get out as many as I can and maybe leave just a couple.

I think I saw my skunk cleaner eating some of the new babies that were TINY, like pinpoint tiny. So that was kinda the final straw. I have a few babies that have gotten to quarter size so those will go into the new tank as well. Some of them I'm not sure how I'll move since they're on rocks and so small so I'll leave them until I can safely get them out.

Well, Jack wouldn't I don't think :lol:

Yeah, plus feed them once a week and minimal water changes. Pretty low maintenance is what I'm thinking. My problem is I have trouble spot feeding them all in my 66 with the tonga in there. They're all over and I can't reach behind where some are. Still not sure how I'm going to get them out, but eventually I'll get out as many as I can and maybe leave just a couple.

I think I saw my skunk cleaner eating some of the new babies that were TINY, like pinpoint tiny. So that was kinda the final straw. I have a few babies that have gotten to quarter size so those will go into the new tank as well. Some of them I'm not sure how I'll move since they're on rocks and so small so I'll leave them until I can safely get them out.

I am not gonna bother putting them in my 50. Rather clump them all in a small 5.5g. My 50 will have a shroom garden however

Looking forward to this. .. but wish the Fluval hadn't been mentioned ... I have 2 sitting in the closet.

Glad you posted about them in the 66, Stella. I had thought about getting sone for my 75, but after reading about yours, I know they would run behind the rocks and never be seen again.

ReefWeeds

Looking forward to this. .. but wish the Fluval hadn't been mentioned ... I have 2 sitting in the closet.

Glad you posted about them in the 66, Stella. I had thought about getting sone for my 75, but after reading about yours, I know they would run behind the rocks and never be seen again.

yeah, some stay put, but the others crawl everywhere and while I don't mind that, I do have some that are just squeezing into crevices and I can't get them out :( So I figured I'd better enjoy them and I'm sure they'd be happier in a nice little RFA only tank.

Awesome! I just started a small freshwater tank and debated on doing a macro/flower anemone tank instead. It may eventually turn to that when I get bored with it but for now I will just live vicariously through you:)

Your husband must travel a lot or he is secretly into this hobby. If I tried to pull half the shit you do I would be without a wife for sure. I bought some stuff from Glenn last week, I was not home when it came so I told the wife how to dip and and acclimate. I forgot he puts a receipt in the box. Yeah I got the you spent $103 on this lecture. :lol:

tanacharison

I've been thinking about setting up the same tank when the new IM atoll tanks come out. I don't think my system is best for RFAs. Definitely following.

Archived