inTank Media Baskets

What Corals have done the best in your tanks.

KnH

Montipora. ITS A WEED. I can break pieces off all the time and the place disappears within a week or two :o

You miss them when growth stops though, gives a new appreciation for weeds.

This is a pretty ambiguous thread KnH as there are so many success stories for different reasons and conditions but will put in my .02 cents worth of experience.

I have a 9 gallon SPS dominant tank (originally a 2.5) that I dose regularly and have had great success (in order) with digitatas, caps, pavonas, and seriatoporas. Polyps, shrooms and zoas have also been multiplying insanely in less than a year the tank has been running.

26628974880_cb896ad17b_h.jpg

If nothing else these kinds of threads give me new tanks to follow. People need to run SPS tanks without acros and have fun for a while, acros can give you fits!

HarryPotter

I didn't mean weed in a negative way, more in an endearing way. I love my caps :wub:

If nothing else these kinds of threads give me new tanks to follow. People need to run SPS tanks without acros and have fun for a while, acros can give you fits!

Good point markalot - I need to follow more threads :)

I do have acro frags as well at the top and they've slowly started to extend but have taken some time. Pocilloporas and monti setosas have also done well for me. Personally, I appreciate the weed-like montis very much. I enjoy watching the tiniest pieces grow and the extensions are always nice.

reefernanoman

please tell me what is that luscious green on the sand? star polyps? it looks awesome

Yup, someone mentioned here that they saw a bare bottom tank where they were growing GSP like grass, so that's what I'm doing. Thanks. :)

This is a pretty ambiguous thread KnH as there are so many success stories for different reasons and conditions but will put in my .02 cents worth of experience.

I have a 9 gallon SPS dominant tank (originally a 2.5) that I dose regularly and have had great success (in order) with digitatas, caps, pavonas, and seriatoporas. Polyps, shrooms and zoas have also been multiplying insanely in less than a year the tank has been running.

26628974880_cb896ad17b_h.jpg

Nice! What do you dose and how much amount?

Yup, someone mentioned here that they saw a bare bottom tank where they were growing GSP like grass, so that's what I'm doing. Thanks. :)

Nice! What do you dose and how much amount?

Hey reefer,

I use a Jabeo 4 dosing unit that is currently adding B-ionic 2part Calc and Alk. Calcium is currently set for 12ml/day and Alk is set for 9ml/day. I add magnesium salt to my top off water that is being pumped by a Smart ATO micro system.

Finally, I add two little fishies Acropower (about 1/2 tablespoon) every 3-4 days. That's about it.

Hey reefer,

I use a Jabeo 4 dosing unit that is currently adding B-ionic 2part Calc and Alk. Calcium is currently set for 12ml/day and Alk is set for 9ml/day. I add magnesium salt to my top off water that is being pumped by a Smart ATO micro system.

Finally, I add two little fishies Acropower (about 1/2 tablespoon) every 3-4 days. That's about it.

Don't lie, you are dosing some awesomeness into that box as well.

Archived