inTank Media Baskets

Finding Dory

msparklym13

msparklym13

Hi!

When I was at my LFS I noticed a beautiful Blue Tang- Obviously nothing i can have in my 29G but LFS guy said-- You like it? Get a big tank now before the movie comes out- We wont carry them when movie starts. My LFS was telling me people come in and buy fish based on movies. Horrible.I heard even Petco won't carry the Tang for same reason.Just a heads up for us hobbyists who care a bunch about well being of fish! AND if you are planning on getting one movie release is June 17th!

Cencalfishguy56

Hi!

When I was at my LFS I noticed a beautiful Blue Tang- Obviously nothing i can have in my 29G but LFS guy said-- You like it? Get a big tank now before the movie comes out! We wont carry them when movie comes. My LFS was telling me people come in and buy fish based on movies. Horrible.I heard even Petco won't carry the Tang for same reason.Just a heads up for us hobbyists who care a bunch about well being of fish!

I bought a blue hippo before they are beautiful fish but are initially tough to keep, but once they establish themselves in your tank they are pretty easy going fish

msparklym13

Yeah they have like a 120g+ minimum

Yes! so sad that many will die to a person who shows up wanting to have a "dory" for their kids. Glad my girls understand the structure. My 5 year old recently said- Mom, do you think I could have a goldfish in my room? I know our fish are a lot of work I was just hoping a goldfish would be ok for my first fish. Love her.

Yes! so sad that many will die to a person who shows up wanting to have a "dory" for their kids. Glad my girls understand the structure. My 5 year old recently said- Mom, do you think I could have a goldfish in my room? I know our fish are a lot of work I was just hoping a goldfish would be ok for my first fish. Love her.

working at Petsmart in the fish section was so hard. No one knew shit when it came to fish keeping.

Cencalfishguy56

working at Petsmart in the fish section was so hard. No one knew shit when it came to fish keeping.

I was at our local pet smart and wanted a clown, asked when they received their last shipment to judge health and nobody... I mean nobody in the store could tell me when they got their last shipment lol

I was at our local pet smart and wanted a clown, asked when they received their last shipment to judge health and nobody... I mean nobody in the store could tell me when they got their last shipment lol

once I went into petco because they had a sale on hermits but couldn't see any. I asked the lady if they had any hermit crabs in and she was like "they are over here (she started walking to the reptiles)" I was like no hermit crabs for reef tanks, she the said "you mean saltwater hermit crabs" I just left

Cencalfishguy56

once I went into petco because they had a sale on hermits but couldn't see any. I asked the lady if they had any hermit crabs in and she was like "they are over here (she started walking to the reptiles)" I was like no hermit crabs for reef tanks, she the said "you mean saltwater hermit crabs" I just left

oh I meant petco my bad lol but yea I know what you mean bro im like tf is going on in here! I saw a goregous koran angel in there a couple weeks ago for cheeeeaaap but it had ich all on it I felt hella bad, almost tried to bring it back to save it

oh I meant petco my bad lol but yea I know what you mean bro im like tf is going on in here! I saw a goregous koran angel in there a couple weeks ago for cheeeeaaap but it had ich all on it I felt hella bad, almost tried to bring it back to save it

hahahaha they will have angels for sooo cheap then try and sell a flame hawk for like 60 bucks!

LeCharlesMuhDickens

People are idiots, same sort of things happen every time a kids movie features an animal. My sister bought a Great Pyrenees for my niece because she saw one in some movie or show. They didn't take into account how much it would grow and how much it would eat. Dog weighs 160lbs now and my parents have pretty much adopted it. He's a sweet dog and very loved, my sister was just an idiot when she decided to buy a dog on impulse. Luckily she has my parents who are animal lovers and could afford to take care of him, otherwise it wouldn't have ended as well.

Cencalfishguy56

People are idiots, same sort of things happen every time a kids movie features an animal. My sister bought a Great Pyrenees for my niece because she saw one in some movie or show. They didn't take into account how much it would grow and how much it would eat. Dog weighs 160lbs now and my parents have pretty much adopted it. He's a sweet dog and very loved, my sister was just an idiot when she decided to buy a dog on impulse. Luckily she has my parents who are animal lovers and could afford to take care of him, otherwise it wouldn't have ended as well.

they are awesome dogs though!!

hahahaha they will have angels for sooo cheap then try and sell a flame hawk for like 60 bucks!

lol I really saw that too no lie...

LeCharlesMuhDickens

Petco is strange, my local one has cool livestock on occasion but the employees are usually higher than an ostrich ass. It's entertaining though, baked people are always eager to play with dogs.

I got one for my big reef last chrismas for 30$ but in the Price went up so at the start of this year it was 69$ but now it is 115$ just becus the movie is out soon.

Befor nemo the movie a clownfish was like 8$ After the movie 24$ is the normal Price.

Cencalfishguy56

I got one for my big reef last chrismas for 30$ but in the Price went up so at the start of this year it was 69$ but now it is 115$ just becus the movie is out soon.

Befor nemo the movie a clownfish was like 8$ After the movie 24$ is the normal Price.

smart to keep away people living in a dream world but shitty for us reefers who want a beautiful fish at a decent price
msparklym13

Petsmart sells themed tanks... PERFECT tank for a Tang!!

I bought a blue hippo before they are beautiful fish but are initially tough to keep, but once they establish themselves in your tank they are pretty easy going fish

Love Blue Hippo!!! Makes me want another tank :-)

post-90838-0-82359000-1462636564_thumb.jpg

I love blue tangs. Its a beautiful fish but it does have draw backs like issues with ich when stressed. I

Recently saw a video of someone with one in a 20g...its such a shame.

I loved finding nemo but it also promoted a lot of aquarium set ups that should not have been

• 1 month later...

Tangs are beautiful, my friend had one that grew to be an absolute monster, a total pig and a bit of a bully! She was at her wits end with it but I did love watching it at feeding time. It's a shame people do things like this on a 'whim'. Slightly off topic but we have a husky that I suspect like many others might have been a victim of the twilight phenomenon. He had two homes in 5 years before he came to us :(

Hammerstone

Bottom line...people are idiots, and the animals have to pay for it. My favorite idiot saying is... "Oh, it will only grow to the size of your tank". That's with lots of animals in mind.

msparklym13

Bottom line...people are idiots, and the animals have to pay for it. My favorite idiot saying is... "Oh, it will only grow to the size of your tank". That's with lots of animals in mind.

I am just excited about my Tang and Porcupine Puffer- I think they will thrive in Biocube 29 :-) teehee

P.S. Joking aside- I want a Porcupine Puffer in my life- Just started pitching the 180 tank Idea to husband... a bit dubious but amenable!!!!

Bldgengineer

I am just excited about my Tang and Porcupine Puffer- I think they will thrive in Biocube 29 :-) teehee

P.S. Joking aside- I want a Porcupine Puffer in my life- Just started pitching the 180 tank Idea to husband... a bit dubious but amenable!!!!

My girlfriend started to do the same thing to me about the same fish! I'd love to but we just don't have the room right now unfortunately :( another reason why I need a basement...

Archived