Coral Vue Hydros

Mr Aqua 12 Lighting?

Bamzam

Hi,

With the strange footprint of the Mr Aqua 12, can anyone recommend lighting please? Will a Kessil A160 be enough? Or should I go with something wider like a Current USA Orbit? I searched through some of the old threads and most recommended going with buildmyled.com which isn't selling aquarium lights anymore..

Thanks!

Check out, 3 Foot Office Nano build thread by scorched

www.nano-reef.com/topic/296235-3-foot-office-nano-4-years-old/

Cencalfishguy56

I do like that tank a lot...but it doesn't seem like that LED is sold in the US

I would go with 2 a160we, I have one on my 20 long but spread is 24inches max, and my rock work is 24 inches in my tank so it works for me

my tank is 30" long and yours is 36"?

I would go with 2 a160we, I have one on my 20 long but spread is 24inches max, and my rock work is 24 inches in my tank so it works for me

my tank is 30" long and yours is 36"?

kessil whore

If it were my tank and budget is no problem... I vote 3x Kessil A169s, Or Nanobox Quad. Personally I went with a DIY build, a 24" CNC reef ASIS heatsink with 3 Nanobox arrays. The easy way to go and the best IMO would be just get a NB Quad and be done.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I am still looking at the Current USA Orbit regular/pro, NB Duo, 2 Kessil A160's, and the Aquamaxx Nemo (haven't narrowed it down at all lol). I guess I need to figure out what type of coral I want to keep. I'm still trying to learn about coral, but I'm thinking mostly LPS and maybe a few SPS. Hopefully one of these LED's shows up in the classifieds and makes the decision easy on me lol

Cencalfishguy56

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I am still looking at the Current USA Orbit regular/pro, NB Duo, 2 Kessil A160's, and the Aquamaxx Nemo (haven't narrowed it down at all lol). I guess I need to figure out what type of coral I want to keep. I'm still trying to learn about coral, but I'm thinking mostly LPS and maybe a few SPS. Hopefully one of these LED's shows up in the classifieds and makes the decision easy on me lol

i vote aquamaxx nemo for the price and power on such a shallow tank

Archived