Innovative Marine Aquariums

UGH ICH :-(

msparklym13

Cencalfishguy56

I'm not saying all is lost and she shouldn't try... lol but that's a fact about it. Ich will survive if its not treated for that period of time. This will be an interesting experiment though. We started treating our fish at the same time. Mine are in a hospital tank. We'll see where everyone is at in 90 days :)

true good point :)

Some feedback: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1852814

Out of curiosity, what is it?

cant remember for the life of me, saw it like 2 years ago, but I couldn't fathom buying it especially because reviews don't always tell the whole story, I have a QT currently setup out of extra equipment which is the cheapest way IMO
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
msparklym13

I'm not saying all is lost and she shouldn't try... lol but that's a fact about it. Ich will survive if its not treated for that period of time. This will be an interesting experiment though. We started treating our fish at the same time. Mine are in a hospital tank. We'll see where everyone is at in 90 days :)

This is great! I really appreciate your feedback and would appreciate you keeping me posted! I am not sure about your tank but I only have 3 fish-(Fire, 2 Clowns). I figured if I was ever going to experiment this would be the best time. I am going to set up a Quarantine tank before making any more purchases but a few experienced people told me to give it a try. I hope I have good news in 90 days! If not, lesson learned and our thread will hopefully be helpful to other new hobbyists!

msparklym13

This is great! I really appreciate your feedback and would appreciate you keeping me posted! I am not sure about your tank but I only have 3 fish-(Fire, 2 Clowns). I figured if I was ever going to experiment this would be the best time. I am going to set up a Quarantine tank before making any more purchases but a few experienced people told me to give it a try. I hope I have good news in 90 days! If not, lesson learned and our thread will hopefully be helpful to other new hobbyists!

ARGH and the Goby! I keep forgetting to include the Goby that started this mess! He is 1 week old and am confident the culprit.- One more reason I need a QT!!

post-90838-0-61987800-1462739210_thumb.jpg

mystersyster

I have a starry blenny, a melanurus wrasse, flasher wrasse, and two royal grammas.

cant remember for the life of me, saw it like 2 years ago, but I couldn't fathom buying it especially because reviews don't always tell the whole story

Hmm... I'd think that if it really worked, more people would know about it by now.

I have a QT currently setup out of extra equipment which is the cheapest way IMO

Cheapest way to prevent introducing it into your display, not cure it. I'm glad that you quarantine, more people should do the same. I've also grown to trust Driver's Den, which quarantines their fish in Wisconsin.
msparklym13

Hmm... I'd think that if it really worked, more people would know about it by now.

Cheapest way to prevent it, not cure it. I'm glad that you quarantine, more people should do the same. I've also grown to trust Driver's Den, which quarantines their fish in Wisconsin.

I wish I would have known about QT when I first started! Lucked out -- sort of :-/ Next marketing plan? A bundle package including QT!!

Cencalfishguy56

Cheapest way to prevent introducing it into your display, not cure it. I'm glad that you quarantine, more people should do the same. I've also grown to trust Driver's Den, which quarantines their fish in Wisconsin.

true, and I noticed divers den! I'm planning on only buying fish from there to be honest
msparklym13

true, and I noticed divers den! I'm planning on only buying fish from there to be honest

I have seen Diver's Den as well! My LFS is 3 miles away so I do have the luxury of places nearby. The really cool place, Aquatic Warehouse is 20 miles away. But I love to look at the Diver's Den fish!

If there is a miracle cure I want to know! Even if it was 80/bottle it would be the MIRACLE !!! :-)

Cencalfishguy56

I have seen Diver's Den as well! My LFS is 3 miles away so I do have the luxury of places nearby. The really cool place, Aquatic Warehouse is 20 miles away. But I love to look at the Diver's Den fish!

If there is a miracle cure I want to know! Even if it was 80/bottle it would be the MIRACLE !!! :-)

honestly if you can't setup a QT tank then divers den is your bestfriend, because as previously stated they quarantine all their fish before actually posting them for sale so you receive a healthy specimen

Hard Softy

honestly if you can't setup a QT tank then divers den is your bestfriend, because as previously stated they quarantine all their fish before actually posting them for sale so you receive a healthy specimen

It's that the same for all of live.aquaria
msparklym13

Yes for Diver's Den- I don't know about all Live Aquaria. I actually have never purchased but always read up on their thoughts. I stumbled upon Diver's Den and have been temped to buy.

Cencalfishguy56

you know I'm not exactly sure, I've always wondered that, I tried looking for it but only saw them state it in their Diver's Den section, thinking about shooting them an email about it

msparklym13

you know I'm not exactly sure, I've always wondered that, I tried looking for it but only saw them state it in their Diver's Den section, thinking about shooting them an email about it

If you do, please let us know! I would love to find out a place that does.... thank you!

Cencalfishguy56

If you do, please let us know! I would love to find out a place that does.... thank you!

I sent them an email! will keep you updated, also I noticed they have a arrive alive and stay alive 14 day guarantee so they must quarantine all of their livestock

Hard Softy

I sent them an email! will keep you updated, also I noticed they have a arrive alive and stay alive 14 day guarantee so they must quarantine all of their livestock

Awesome would be nice to have a much better chance of success. I also e-mailed

Cultivated reef about there practices, will let you know :)

The have nice Divinci clowns.

Cencalfishguy56

Awesome would be nice to have a much better chance of success. I also e-mailed

Cultivated reef about there practices, will let you know :)

The have nice Divinci clowns.

oh I already talked to holly and have two clowns coming on tuesday, a davinci grade A and misbar darwin :)

Hard Softy

oh I already talked to holly and have two clowns coming on tuesday, a davinci grade A and misbar darwin :)

That is so cool .. I would like to get a pair of Divinci juveniles soooo ... cool!
Cencalfishguy56

That is so cool .. I would like to get a pair of Divinci juveniles soooo ... cool!

why not get a pair, the company that cultivated reef goes through has parasite and disease free fish guaranteed, since they are all tank raised ;)

Hard Softy

Awesome,Cultivated reef has big scores as well, there ya go if no quarantine tank and ya want fish.... ya got 2 :) option's

Driver's Den is part of LiveAquaria, but LiveAquaria does not use the same quarantine protocols for the rest of their livestock. If you want quarantined animals, stick with selections from Driver's Den.

There is no known cure for ich.

There is no harm other than more stress, trying to treat the fish but ultimately the best way to eliminate ich from the DT is allowing it to be fishless for 8 weeks.

Ich requires a host, without fish to host the parasite will die.

Cencalfishguy56

Driver's Den is part of LiveAquaria, but LiveAquaria does not use the same quarantine protocols for the rest of their livestock. If you want quarantined animals, stick with selections from Driver's Den.

yea was thinking that, divers den it is then! I want a tsb off there

There is no harm other than more stress, trying to treat the fish but ultimately the best way to eliminate ich from the DT is allowing it to be fishless for 8 weeks.

there is a known cure... Burn the little ####ers lol jk but it could work ;)
msparklym13

Thanks for this- I was actually wondering about this in case I lose my fish. I want to make certain if I have a loss I set my tank up for future success.

msparklym13

Awesome,Cultivated reef has big scores as well, there ya go if no quarantine tank and ya want fish.... ya got 2 :) option's

I feel like for Reef people this is the way to go! We only have a few fish and now I am not willing to take the risk :-(

Cencalfishguy56

I feel like for Reef people this is the way to go! We only have a few fish and now I am not willing to take the risk :-(

emailed live aquaria and they stated their warehouse in california which is their regular stock items takes the same precautions quarantining for 2 weeks while also making sure the fish eat before being listed for sale

Archived