Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Brute water storage faucet

aaron186

I have a 32 gal brute trash can that is elevated off the ground and connected to my rodi with shut off float valve. I recently installed a plastic 1.5 inch bulk head from Home Depot to the can with a garden hose style faucet at the bottom. My bulkhead leaked so I siliconed it. It worked for a few days but started to leak again.

Has anyone set something up similar to this? What did you use for the bottom faucet?

You may need gaskets or thicker/wider gaskets. Those containers are pretty flexible. I don't see silicone bonding to that type of plastic.

AZDesertRat

For a curved surface like a trash can rubber Uniseals work great. They conform to the curvature and can take the bumping and flexing when operating a valve.

Is the bulkhead leaking, or is it coming from the threads on the faucet? I assume it's a plastic faucet. If the leak is coming from the connection between the faucet and bulkhead, you need to use the proper thread sealant. Teflon tape is the wrong thing to use on PVC fittings (and you definitely don't want to use silicone.

If the bulkhead itself is leaking, like AZ stated, you can replace your bulkhead with an

Unusual bulkhead. I'm a little less sure about a thicker gasket, but it makes sense that a thicker one would conform better to a curve.

I assume the bulkhead is on the side, and not the flat bottom. Any pics of your setup?

Archived