Top Shelf Aquatics

What's this dude?

pgrVII

jamescstein

Prolific diggers and they can get large. I had 3 of them years ago that were over a foot long.

jamescstein

They aren't even gobies, or blennys for that matter though they are frequently called both. Much like the scooter blenny isn't a blenny, its s dragonette.

jamescstein

Wow, how incorrect I was. What a dummy. :closedeyes:

Nah not a dummy. They behave very much like eels but they aren't. There are actually only 2 known species in their Genus and they both look very similar. They will redesign your scape if you aren't careful. Any rockwork needs to be on a solid surface and not on top of the sand.

We had three of them in a 125 and they completely moved all the sand out from underneath the rocks in large heaping piles. Any corals or anything on the sand or near it will likely get covered up. And like a said earlier they can get over a foot long. \

Jul05_19.jpg

Jul05_16.jpg

Jul05_17.jpg

Thanks yall,one came in to my lfs and the girl that runs that section offered it to me for free. I kinda thought that's what it was and that it got big so I passed I'm at 4 fish now anyways in a 25.

kimberbee

Really cool looking. My LFS gets them in a lot. If I ever get a 100gal+ tank, I'd totally get a couple.

Archived