Innovative Marine Aquariums

How many Ai Primes

Clown79

It can be. I used one successfully on a slightly larger tank than that. However, you have to be strategic about placement of corals.

I kept SPS in the middle 1/3. Zoa, acan, etc in the other 2/3. It limits where you place things, but everything grew well under those restrictions. I ended up upgrading in order to expand viable tank space for more light hungry corals.

One nice thing about that set up was it made acclimating corals pretty easy - I started them on the edges and slowly moved them in as they adjusted to final spot.

Other suggestion is to get the light up high to maximize the spread. I had mine at the max.

As Dank said.. and u will have good amount of shadowing. Ideally 2 or get a nanobox Duo. Both are great lights.

Well that makes my decision to go with coral compulsions par38 which has specs of 24x24. Why spend $350 on ai if I will have dead spots?

My current par38 is a cheapy with low optics and I have only a bit of shadowing...that was $60

I can't afford to spend $700 on lights.

If going with the prime is still gonna create issues than its a waste of money.

My tank is already set up, if I add anymore its a stylophora and zoas.

Thank you for the help

DaveFason

Well that makes my decision to go with coral compulsions par38 which has specs of 24x24. Why spend $350 on ai if I will have dead spots?

My current par38 is a cheapy with low optics and I have only a bit of shadowing...that was $60

I can't afford to spend $700 on lights.

If going with the prime is still gonna create issues than its a waste of money.

My tank is already set up, if I add anymore its a stylophora and zoas.

Thank you for the help

I have a couple cosmetic flawed Duos. Maybe a little cheaper?

I have a couple cosmetic flawed Duos. Maybe a little cheaper?

He is in Canada where AI products are waaaay more expensive. Would you run into shipping/customs issues?

Matteo you're bang on. An Ai is $299, plus $30 for wire, then 13%tax, and possibly shipping.

Our stores never have sales:(

Purchasing from the US is dicey. If its not 100% made in US we get charged 7% duty, then the tax, and brokerage fees. We haven't touched on the shipping charges if the store will ship to Ca.

Surprisingly, we have limitations on what's available in the stores.

Ai (not all their options)

Radions

Rapidled par38

Lightbox par38

This is what I am seeing outside of what big als sells.

I wanted to try reef led par38 but I think they are out of business. No email responses and no phone number.

Matteo you're bang on. An Ai is $299, plus $30 for wire, then 13%tax, and possibly shipping.

Our stores never have sales:(

Purchasing from the US is dicey. If its not 100% made in US we get charged 7% duty, then the tax, and brokerage fees. We haven't touched on the shipping charges if the store will ship to Ca.

Surprisingly, we have limitations on what's available in the stores.

Ai (not all their options)

Radions

Rapidled par38

Lightbox par38

This is what I am seeing outside of what big als sells.

I wanted to try reef led par38 but I think they are out of business. No email responses and no phone number.

Dave's products are made in the US so I think you would be okay if you ordered a Nano Box. Weird deal on the price mark up and all the taxing!

not a single individual I know truly understands the difference. It's quite ridiculous really and the taxes.

Thank you for all the suggestions and help...i have a lot of thinking to do:)

not a single individual I know truly understands the difference. It's quite ridiculous really and the taxes.

Thank you for all the suggestions and help...i have a lot of thinking to do:)

hey! at least you have free healthcare and an actual election process that isn't a cluster F**K

what about those micmol leds?

Archived