inTank Media Baskets

Radion XR15 v XR30

MedcinMn

I can get a new XR15 Pro with RMS for $448 or 2 year old XR30 Gen3 with RMS for $550. Tank is nanotube 28, may upgrade to nothing bigger than 45 gal. Thoughts?

Dreichler

definitely stick the with the 15, especially for the biocube. i have the jbj 45 right now and am only running a single AI Prime and I'm growing every single kind of SPS in the top 50% of the tank, clams in the sand, and i even need to shade my anemones. with a biocube, you'd be perfectly fine with just a prime, if your gonna go to the 45, you MIGHT want to go for the xr30w but wouldn't need to run it anywhere above 60%. only reason i would go for the xr30w on the 45 is to avoid shadowing. you should really consider the AI Prime with the tank mount.... wireless control even away from home, smartphone app, super easy schedule setup, and manual control for each color.

HarryPotter

I can get a new XR15 Pro with RMS for $448 or 2 year old XR30 Gen3 with RMS for $550. Tank is nanotube 28, may upgrade to nothing bigger than 45 gal. Thoughts?

100% the XR30w. No comparison. Double the power and spread. Perfect for a 45g as well; why pay for a light twice?

Silly to say it's too strong given these lights are all 100% adjustable, I had a XR30w in my NanoCube 28 and it worked great.

Yeah I would do the XR30w as well. Never owned an ecotech light but I know they are quality and if you upgrade (WHICH YOU WILL) you will be set on lighting.

The 30. The price difference is negligible for nearly double the LEDs spread across two pucks.

reefernanoman

I would go for the XR30. From what I have read, it helps with the shadowing and there's less rainbow effect with the XR30. Also, if you get a 45G down the line, there would probably be no need to upgrade.

Finding Paulo

If you go with xr15 .. U can do better than 448 .. I bought a used xr15 with brand new mount for 300. Be patient and looks for the deals it if ur gona upgrade than do the 30

I own 3 Radion 30's, 2 Gen 3's and 1 Gen'2 ,I have one of them on a Fusion 20 the Gen 2 running at 25% which is fine,just go with the 30 that way if do upgrade you will be all set. You can easily adjust the light intensity on the 28 and there is no way you will need to run it at 100%, but with the 15 if you decide to get a 45 gallon later you might be pushing it to it's max.

I own 3 Radion 30's, 2 Gen 3's and 1 Gen'2 ,I have one of them on a Fusion 20 the Gen 2 running at 25% which is fine,just go with the 30 that way if do upgrade you will be all set. You can easily adjust the light intensity on the 28 and there is no way you will need to run it at 100%, but with the 15 if you decide to get a 45 gallon later you might be pushing it to it's max.

You whore!

Archived