Pod Your Reef

Goby wearing a costume?

msparklym13

msparklym13

Happy Friday!

I was hoping for some Watchman help.... I decided to replace my recently deceased Diamond Goby with a Yellow Wachman. I got him home, dripped for 45 min put him in. He looked happy, didn't hide and has been performing for my 2 year old. Fast forward two hours and my bright yellow Goby is now almost white-!??

Anyone heard of/seen this before??

I feel like I just bought a Zebra from TJ, got home and found out it was a painted donkey :-)

Happy Friday!

I was hoping for some Watchman help.... I decided to replace my recently deceased Diamond Goby with a Yellow Wachman. I got him home, dripped for 45 min put him in. He looked happy, didn't hide and has been performing for my 2 year old. Fast forward two hours and my bright yellow Goby is now almost white-!??

Anyone heard of/seen this before??

I feel like I just bought a Zebra from TJ, got home and found out it was a painted donkey :-)

post-90838-0-68641900-1461972579_thumb.jpg

post-90838-0-92621500-1461972713_thumb.jpg

Many fish can fade when not happy, scared, or just because they feel like it. Is the tank cycled, any tankmates, water check out ok?

msparklym13

Many fish can fade when not happy, scared, or just because they feel like it. Is the tank cycled, any tankmates, water check out ok?

Yes I actually took my water to LFS today before purchasing. All perimeters spot on! He is about 4 hours old in my tank- hoping he is just scared :-( Poor little dude!!

Cencalfishguy56

Yes I actually took my water to LFS today before purchasing. All perimeters spot on! He is about 4 hours old in my tank- hoping he is just scared :-( Poor little dude!!

more than likely scared give him a day or two, I had a tailspot blenny that went pale the colored up the next day

Spot on? Scary words to hear from a live fish store. Keep an eye on ammonia, make sure you test yourself. Since this is the beginners section I need to ask ... did the tank have a sufficient ammonia load to build up enough bacteria to handle a fish? If not then you will soon have an ammonia spike, burn the fishes gills, and the fish will most likely suffer and die.

Just making sure. :)

msparklym13

Spot on? Scary words to hear from a live fish store. Keep an eye on ammonia, make sure you test yourself. Since this is the beginners section I need to ask ... did the tank have a sufficient ammonia load to build up enough bacteria to handle a fish? If not then you will soon have an ammonia spike, burn the fishes gills, and the fish will most likely suffer and die.

Just making sure. :)

Ha! Spot on was my version :-) So far so good - I tested myself this morning! My two clowns and the firefish are living the dream LOL

Ha! Spot on was my version :-) So far so good - I tested myself this morning! My two clowns and the firefish are living the dream LOL

Ah, good to hear. :)

Try dimming the lights a bit for a few days and slowly start ramping up back to the level you have them at. He is most likely shocked from the move.

msparklym13

Guess who is back and ready to party??? Yay for my yellow friend!!! Whoooot!

post-90838-0-65123500-1462064637_thumb.jpg

Archived