Top Shelf Aquatics

Leather-n-lace

StinkyBunny

It's actually a Golf TDi. I think I got some wet shitty fuel on the turnpike on Friday going to get the fish. I popped the sending unit out and it looked like a diesel fuel Slurpee in there, lol.

No bro, that's what you get for being a cheap bastard, lol. I haven't changed that filtre in 5 years and I didn't have one on hand, lesson learned. I use a special 1 micron filtre because American diesel is a goddamn train wreck of dirt and the high performance injectors and injection pump I run are NOT cheap. They were $50/ filtre, but my cheap ass found them for $22 so I win. :D

What's wrong with these pictures?

majano%20mambo.jpg
majano%20mambo2.jpg
aiptasia%20rock.jpg

• Like 2

Those are wild colonies teenyreef. Straight off my WYSIWYG list along with some other wild shit that's just ridiculously priced like a $1500 Jawbreaker and this.

clown%20pectinia.jpg

• Like 2

Those are wild colonies teenyreef. Straight off my WYSIWYG list along with some other wild shit that's just ridiculously priced like a $1500 Jawbreaker and this.

clown%20pectinia.jpg

:blink::eek:

I'd kill it within a week. lol

Although I consider myself a cheap bastard, I have a weakness for beautiful corals. Although I tell myself that it's just not worth the money to buy super expensive exotic corals, I have to admit the only real reason I won't pay more than $100 for one coral is that I'm totally afraid I'll kill it in a week :lol:

• Like 3

Pectinia are pretty rough and tumble as far as stony corals go, almost on par with bubble corals. I get some nice ones out of Fiji on occasion.

Its the hardy ones i have trouble with...lol i can just barely keep acan lords and chalices alive and ive all but given up keeping euphyillia ive killed so many?
  • Like 1

Yea, it's got a lovely price tag too. You could spend $5000 on the WYSIWYG in a heartbeat. Then you get the freight bill for those boxes and that's the nail in the coffin. Oh yea, forgot the damn CITES fees too, $1.35-$1.50/coral. I love Indo stuff, but you have to go into it knowing that it's probably the dirtiest country to order from. I don't dip the Fiji corals other than Yellow leather corals. The corals go into a QT system with Stripey, Pete the Purple tang and Orangespot puffer, that's how clean Fiji is, same with The Solomon Islands. Indonesia on the other hand is as dirty as a used needle laying in the gutter. Stripey LOVES it when he gets something new from Indo to pick over, lol. Must be like going to an all-u-can-eat buffet. They get a potassium salt dip, then they get the fish cleaner treatment.

• Like 3

For anyone that cares, there's a Mission Impossible marathon on the Decades channel. My ass has been parked in front of the b00b t00b all day watching that and tending the smoker.

• Like 1

I wanna come down to Cade's Cove one day to let the pups play in the water. M doesn't believe me that the water's 50 degrees in August. That's broom handle cold. You know what broomhandle cold is right? That when the lil feller shrinks up so bad you have to push him out from the other side with a broomhandle. ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, the water here at Looking Glass Falls and Sliding Rock is frigid, even when it's low 90s. You slide in and it's so freaking cold that I could only do it 3x, I was frozen.

• Like 1