Pod Your Reef

Leather-n-lace

StinkyBunny

Well, he just started opening up, leather corals are the most enraging specimens we keep. I'll get a picture tonight, I need to move him a little, he and the green Fiji finger leather are pissing on each other. I did get a small shipment out of The Solomons from my west coast contact and all I can say is when they ship, I'll be onboard. The blue acros from there are damn nice, better than anything I've seen come out of Fiji or Indonesia.

Yesterday I was about 6 minutes from that accident here in Baltimore that killed 2 people, I decided to go back 895 instead of I-95. My Spirit Guides were working overtime yesterday. People were driving like idiots, we had 3-4mm of ice on the ground and temps in the upper 20s, a deadly combo. It took me 2 hours to go about 30 miles. Sat in traffic for the better part of an hour and when traffic took off, people were back to 60+mph until they hit the one sweeping curve here, another 20 car pile up.

• Like 3

I have a new broker so I will be getting some new goodies right after the New Year starts. I ain't getting anywhere near NYC this time of year, a man's got to know his limitations. This guy does places the other one didn't and he can send out boxes airfreight if I need them shipped. I'll post up a pic of something when the lights come up that nobody has, a pink polyped toadstool. I paid WAYYYYYYY too much for it, but damn this thing is cool

Only got a chance to skim through your thread but wanted to wish you the best of luck with your health issues. I know that can be scary.

I was wondering if you were able to get a picture of that pink polyp toadstool? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Also stay safe. It's like 20 degrees in Texas now so I can't imagine how cold it is in Baltimore.

• Like 1

I have a new broker so I will be getting some new goodies right after the New Year starts. I ain't getting anywhere near NYC this time of year, a man's got to know his limitations. This guy does places the other one didn't and he can send out boxes airfreight if I need them shipped. I'll post up a pic of something when the lights come up that nobody has, a pink polyped toadstool. I paid WAYYYYYYY too much for it, but damn this thing is cool

:o can you get another????

How are you feeling??? I'm sorry to hear about all you went through :(

The Solomons arrive again next Friday on the west coast. I don't have the availability yet. I will warn you, they are not cheap, they'll be in the $80-$90 range. That one is a full 8cm across, not some 1" frag. Freight out of there is brutal, worse than out of Australia and with fuel going up, it's going to get worse, probably another $1/kg which equates to another $50-$75/ box.

• Like 2

Only got a chance to skim through your thread but wanted to wish you the best of luck with your health issues. I know that can be scary.

I was wondering if you were able to get a picture of that pink polyp toadstool? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Also stay safe. It's like 20 degrees in Texas now so I can't imagine how cold it is in Baltimore.

It's been a rough 2 years for me. 2 years ago I got hurt by a piece of equipment falling on my leg. I will warn you, the pictures are graphic and I'll post them as links instead of embedding them.

http://i.imgur.com/zlDAI4Q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zIH2p0f.jpg

• Like 1

The 93 cube's in the middle of a full scale thermonuclear meltdown and I don't have a clue why. parameters are spot on, did 2x20g water changes, managed to save all but 3 leathers but the ones that died got fragged so we'll see. Mr. Pinky in the 50 cube is still playing poke out the polyps a little. i moved the water flow a little and we'll see if that's what's pissing him off.

So it looks like I'm gonna strip out the 93, set up the 105 and rock on. Something wonky with that tank, even from day 1.

• Like 2

Yes best of luck with the new tank. Also I wish you the best in getting your foot healed. That looks painful and I can sympathize because my husband doctored with a leg ailment for over a year.

• Like 1

When in doubt, check the heater. Problem solved. That heater was only 19 months old. When you hear hoof beats,it's usually horses, but every once in a while it's a herd of Zebras. Luckily I had a spare, off to the wholesaler tomorrow for a case of 250w heaters.

• Like 1

When in doubt, check the heater. Problem solved. That heater was only 19 months old. When you hear hoof beats,it's usually horses, but every once in a while it's a herd of Zebras. Luckily I had a spare, off to the wholesaler tomorrow for a case of 250w heaters.

Wow, at least it was an easy fix.

While I love all the automation features of my Apex, I think having the constant temperature monitoring is the most useful and unappreciated feature. I just plain never worry about my heater or the temperature because I know right away if it goes even half a degree out of normal.

• Like 2

Wow, at least it was an easy fix.

While I love all the automation features of my Apex, I think having the constant temperature monitoring is the most useful and unappreciated feature. I just plain never worry about my heater or the temperature because I know right away if it goes even half a degree out of normal.

Temp never dropped, figure that one out. Water leaked in and out of the glass housing through a crack. The water was just in the bottom, not the control circuitry, if it had gotten to that my alarm would have gone off for low temp.

I'll know what the contaminates are in a few hours, I dropped a sample off at the university lab. Until then, another 20g water change today and tomorrow should replace all of the water in there. I'm running a canister filtre with carbon and Poly filters.

• Like 3

Nope, the tank's LOADED with tungsten. I'll retest Tuesday and see what the results are. I'm going to be doing 20g water changes every day for the next 3 days. I added another Poly Filter last night. I'll take samples from the other tanks to see what they have in them as well.

• Like 1

Nope, the tank's LOADED with tungsten. I'll retest Tuesday and see what the results are. I'm going to be doing 20g water changes every day for the next 3 days. I added another Poly Filter last night. I'll take samples from the other tanks to see what they have in them as well.

Poly Filter is a really cool thing, I'm surprised more people don't use it. I just got a new one for Christmas. I like to put one in every couple-three months just in case there's something in the tank I don't know about and don't want.

• Like 1

I lost it in Wegmans today because this asshole decided he was going to ignore me. Made a scene and told them to shove the store up their asses. Now off to call the home office. I've had trouble with this jerk in the bakery dept before, so, since they don't wanna do anything about, maybe the home office will. A 6'5" heathen Redskin can be a skeery sight when he needs to be, bastards. Don't ask for much, but if I'm spending my money, I expect a little respect.

• Like 1

TOTAL RESCAPE in the 93!!! omgomgomg Looks damn nice. now off to order some stuff to full her back up. I sold off what lived, the Lobophyton frags are attached and polyps are out, go figure. I'm beginning to think that my 57 rimless is the Lazarus tank, everything comes back to life in it. If pinky decides to open up tonight like it did last night I can get another picture. And Kat will be happy, there are 3 HUGE dongs in the 93. :eek::naughtydance:

• Like 4