inTank Media Baskets

Leather-n-lace

StinkyBunny

StinkyBunny

Well, since everyone's been pestering me to start a thread, here goes. There will be a few tanks featured here, 8 to be exact. I've posted a few of my older tanks, here are a few shots of the other tanks. We have some fish that will be out of quarantine by the weekend, 2 Scott's fairy wrasses, yellow watchman goby and 3 antenna gobies will make their way to the displays. We have a 93 cube, 60 cube, 57 rimless and 4 40 breeders at QT tanks and for selling off what we don't keep.

New Fiji maze brain in the wife's 60 cube:

apSGciR.jpg

Leathers as far as the eye can see, lol:

6PFuOOX.jpg

MOAR leathers:

e4fXGhp.jpg

Up close leathers:

mS1ITue.jpg

cyr8S5U.jpg

• Like 15
StinkyBunny

Great looking tank, Stink-hole!

What's that orange looking tree thing front, top-rightish.

That's a Cladiella colt coral, at least that's what it came in as from Indo. The small one was in bad shape on arrival, that huge one opened up the same night, go figure.

I was gonna post some more pics, but imgur has other ideas this morning.

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

Yep, I have a leather coral addiction. With bringing in Fiji once a month, you can lay your hands on some really neat pieces. I'm trying to reorder some of the ones I got that are good, but as soon as I bring them in the locals snap them up. i won't frag them, these colonies are cheap enough at $40 ea or 2/$70.

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

Well, I think the 200's a bust, no email answer from the putz. Sent off an email about a DSA 105 rimless. Even if the guy gets back to me on the 200, I'll throw it in storage for when we open a shop. I REALLY like rimless tanks. Gonna clean up the QT tanks tonight and do some more photos.

• Like 2

Need a full tank shot! :)

Those leathers are gorgeous and I'm not a big fan of them. What's the pink anemone looking thing to the right of the big colt?

• Like 3
StinkyBunny

I'm not much of a sticks guy, but damn this tank is AMAZING!

Need a full tank shot! :)

Those leathers are gorgeous and I'm not a big fan of them. What's the pink anemone looking thing to the right of the big colt?

That's a Haitian Condylactus anemone we bought 4 years ago. It was the first thing we bought when we got back into reefing. It went through a period of wandering around the top of the tank. One day I got pissed off, scraped it off the glass and plopped it down right there. Hasn't moved since.

• Like 5
StinkyBunny

Found something out today quite by accident. The little Canthigaster puffer I got in last week REALLY likes vermetid snails.

Canthagaster_janthinoptera.jpg

• Like 5

I'm not much of a sticks guy, but damn this tank is ####ING AMAZING!

Fixed ;)

Oh and here I thought I would see some skin with the thread title :lol:

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

He's a cutie. Not reef safe though, right?

He hasn't bothered anything but those damn vermetid snails FM. I've been watching him though. most puffers go after feather dusters, clams, snails, shrimp and crabs. They usually don't bother corals.

I love the 4th picture, looks so soft & pretty.

I sent a pic of that one back to Walt Smith and asked if they can get me 12 more of those. It's the coolest damn soft coral I've ever kept. everybody wants one of them.

• Like 3
StinkyBunny

OK, frickin bulkhead decided that it didn't wanna seal with the hand tight and 1/4 turn so I got out the Channel locks and put the smack down on its candy ass. No leaks in tank one, need MOAR gravel for the second tank so I ordered it from Jet. My local wholesaler's closing up shop and all he had left was chunky monkey gravel and I have all of that now for my calcium reactors.

Gonna try old skool trickle filtre with this system using Pond Matrix. We're using the old DLS holder filled with Matrix. I need a perforated water diffuser so that's the order of the day, find a diffuser basket.

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

New filtre's in, gonna plumb in the circulation to it tomorrow. I sorted through the pond matrix and got the larger pieces out of it for the filtre.

• Like 1
ReefWeeds

He hasn't bothered anything but those damn vermetid snails FM. I've been watching him though. most puffers go after feather dusters, clams, snails, shrimp and crabs. They usually don't bother corals.

I sent a pic of that one back to Walt Smith and asked if they can get me 12 more of those. It's the coolest damn soft coral I've ever kept. everybody wants one of them.

ha! Me included!

• Like 1

:happydance:

I'm not much of a sticks guy, but damn this tank is AMAZING!

You and the missus were eyeballing those Fiji sticks not too long ago, in fact the missus helped me pick the sticks I went home with so.

• Like 1