Cultivated Reef

Matteo's College Living Room Piece* Update

Matteo

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive actually considered it to be honest! They looks sexy af haha is yours bluefish?

http://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Laboratories-AZMAF424-Aquarium/dp/B0006L2Y0C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1461906563&sr=8-2&keywords=quad+t5hoI have seen people take fixtures like these and drill holes in the center to place there kessils.

this might work better actually

http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-Commercial-Fixture-Choice/dp/B00HDZJFZ6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1461906704&sr=8-3&keywords=apollo+t5

Cencalfishguy56

Add another t5 ftw but it looks Beast none the less

No room for the other ballast granted I could get spiffy and have the ballast be external....hmmmm maybeeee this is a thing

got a mated pair of mandarin gobies today! Went in for one found that they were a mated pair and just HAD to get both :)

Alright alright! Busy day today but a good one! Got the ATO reservoir camouflaged, new Flame Angel, and a couple of pics as an update! Tank is still a little cloudy and some corals are still pissed off but this has only been setup of for 3 days so it is all expected.

[...]

annnnd FTS

DSC_0027_zps1kyswnrm.jpg

Love the scape. I sitll can't believe you got so lucky with this instant upgrade!

Love the scape. I sitll can't believe you got so lucky with this instant upgrade!

Thanks! Yeah it seriously was a crazy good trade that happened out now nowhere! I literally was just sitting in my living room admiring the fact I finished my 29g reef finally and then went on Craigslist and found the setup. Asked if he'd just wanted to part out coral then by chance asked of he was in to quadcopters and boom! New setup :)

got a mated pair of mandarin gobies today! Went in for one found that they were a mated pair and just HAD to get both :)

Are they eating anything you put in? I had one and it never ate anything I put in. Did well for about 2 years then disappeared. I'd like to say it didn't starve but can never be sure with those guys. Maybe you want to look into a feeding station for them

HarryPotter

oh yes, bluefish all the way!

Matteo I need a "Dummies guide" to sticking 4 V4 pucks in my 48" ATI by removing two center bulbs :)

Are they eating anything you put in? I had one and it never ate anything I put in. Did well for about 2 years then disappeared. I'd like to say it didn't starve but can never be sure with those guys. Maybe you want to look into a feeding station for them

Only have had then for a day. Owners said they were eating frozen but we'll see.. I have frozen mysis, and a frozen mix of everthing made by lfs. My fuge has a lot of pods also. I will probably dose pods every couple months. Just dump them in the fuge and turn the return pump off for a couple hours. Once they are out more I will see what they eat:)

Matteo I need a "Dummies guide" to sticking 4 V4 pucks in my 48" ATI by removing two center bulbs :)

I hope V4 was a typo! There's new ones? So it's actually pretty easy...you could either send the ATI to Dave and have him do it or PM me for a large list of instructions and equipment and even possibly sending me the unit and I can do it for you. Just PM me:)

HarryPotter

Only have had then for a day. Owners said they were eating frozen but we'll see.. I have frozen mysis, and a frozen mix of everthing made by lfs. My fuge has a lot of pods also. I will probably dose pods every couple months. Just dump them in the fuge and turn the return pump off for a couple hours. Once they are out more I will see what they eat:)

I hope V4 was a typo! There's new ones? So it's actually pretty easy...you could either send the ATI to Dave and have him do it or PM me for a large list of instructions and equipment and even possibly sending me the unit and I can do it for you. Just PM me:)

Yes typo lol V3! Main thing is whether I can get a heat sink that fits well into the fixture and doesn't overheat it haha.

Quote was too much for me from Dave

Plus can't send away my only light :)

Yes typo lol V3! Main thing is whether I can get a heat sink that fits well into the fixture and doesn't overheat it haha.

Quote was too much for me from Dave

Plus can't send away my only light :)

Actually you can. Jedi told me you can use 5000k CFL bulbs for weeks at a time:) I did! My corals were just fine for 2 weeks:)

HarryPotter

Actually you can. Jedi told me you can use 5000k CFL bulbs for weeks at a time:) I did! My corals were just fine for 2 weeks:)

I dunno man. Acropora and clams, that's my tank. I'm sure my anemone would throw a fit too!

I dunno man. Acropora and clams, that's my tank. I'm sure my anemone would throw a fit too!

my clam, torch coral, duncans, and chalice did fine :)

Took the lenses out and took a FTS with each.

Nikon D5200, kept the ISO at 400, here are the lens as follows:

Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6g AF/VRII

Nikon E-Series 50mm f/1.8

Quantaray 50-200m f/4

(don't mind the whiskey sour in a mason jar, its a PNW thing)

566cace3-dba1-4c5f-931a-836d30ac4dfd_zps

Nikkor 18-55mm FTS

DSC_0001_zpsagph3zft.jpg

Quantray 50-200mm FTS

DSC_0008_zps1wdrgteu.jpg

Nikon 50m FTS

DSC_0001_zpsjlgvcivz.jpg

I could stare at her topless all day

DSC_0004_zpso0ut2kqd.jpg

just a little update!

Mandarin Dragonet Pair seem to be a happy couple. They were on the skinny side when I first got them but they are looking fatter and fatter as the days go on! Also hard to tell but they maaaaybeeee eating frozen. They hide every time I stick my face up against the glass.....

Also Flame Angel is looking real good and haven't seen him go after any coral yet. fingerscrossed

Upped the V3s a bit, only about 5% so far everything is looking good! Getting my first piece of Acro for this tank Friday plus a ton of other pieces! Super excited! here is a pic of the Acro!

Raspberry ShortCake!

4a5fb066-25f9-4b82-8a8b-f9fb5bbe326f_zps

also have a chance to pick a frag of Oregon Tort for pretty cheap! Still not sure though! I haven't SPS in this setup yet. Pretty confident my water is savvy!

Cencalfishguy56

just a little update!

Mandarin Dragonet Pair seem to be a happy couple. They were on the skinny side when I first got them but they are looking fatter and fatter as the days go on! Also hard to tell but they maaaaybeeee eating frozen. They hide every time I stick my face up against the glass.....

Also Flame Angel is looking real good and haven't seen him go after any coral yet. fingerscrossed

Upped the V3s a bit, only about 5% so far everything is looking good! Getting my first piece of Acro for this tank Friday plus a ton of other pieces! Super excited! here is a pic of the Acro!

Raspberry ShortCake!

also have a chance to pick a frag of Oregon Tort for pretty cheap! Still not sure though! I haven't SPS in this setup yet. Pretty confident my water is savvy!

i wanna try sps but my water is always a tad dirtier lol my euphyllia love it
Hard Softy

just a little update!

Raspberry ShortCake!

If it's Savvy pull the trigger :)

Archived