SaltCritters.com

Matteo's College Living Room Piece* Update

Matteo

lilmatty5dimes

Awesome trade. barter king :bowdown:. lol plus the way tv's are and how cheap you can buy one for now a days maybe i'll start offer mine for a trade as well. lol tanks is looking great.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome trade. barter king :bowdown:. lol plus the way tv's are and how cheap you can buy one for now a days maybe i'll start offer mine for a trade as well. lol tanks is looking great.

thank you sir! yes barter king is a good title. Due to trades I have a truck and a motorcycle which I both love and this tank trade as of an hour ago I have made about $450 in selling all the extra gear I got out of it. Probably going to spend close to $80 on shipping then spent another 75 on 2 more V3 arrays to add, and now just dropped $130 on the BRS order but HEY I never had a BRS 5 Stage Rodi and now I do! Gonna drop another $50 today on a flame angel and some ATO supplies and hopefully try to pocket the rest hahahah

lilmatty5dimes

thank you sir! yes barter king is a good title. Do to trades I have a truck and a motorcycle which I both love and this tank trade as of an hour ago I have made about $450 in selling all the extra gear I got out of it. Probably going to spend close to $80 on shipping then spent another 75 on 2 more V3 arrays to add, and now just dropped $130 on the BRS order but HEY I never had a BRS 5 Stage Rodi and now I do! Gonna drop another $50 today on a flame angel and some ATO supplies and hopefully try to pocket the rest hahahah

don't count on pocketed the rest. it'll be gone quicker than ya think with coral. lol.

don't count on pocketed the rest. it'll be gone quicker than ya think with coral. lol.

I knowww but I shouldnttttt

my credit cards would appreciate more than minimum payments :scarry:

Cencalfishguy56

You think a flame angel and Mandrian goby would be too much?

i don't personally think it's too much but I'm sure plenty of people would say otherwise lol

Alright alright! Busy day today but a good one! Got the ATO reservoir camouflaged, new Flame Angel, and a couple of pics as an update! Tank is still a little cloudy and some corals are still pissed off but this has only been setup of for 3 days so it is all expected.

So here is the before picture of the ATO itty bitty 3 gallon bucket

20160426_163539_zpsgcavcrqd.jpg

Here is what I bought $6 a piece shelving

20160426_163701_zpsb1w3eqek.jpg

Here is the bucket I will use, it is 10 gallons full.

20160426_170115_zpsaucmnw5k.jpg

little bit of this

20160426_164520_zpsy3ult59y.jpg

little bit of that

20160426_164924_zpshk53267n.jpg

Seriously like only 20 minutes later from first picture, bam!

DSC_0002_zpsshxszlpe.jpg

DSC_0004_zpsvhoqvxvl.jpg

DSC_0006_zps0hzuin2o.jpg

New Guy! :wub:

DSC_0010_zpsr9mxpycv.jpg

One of the clowns

DSC_0017_zpsysxg8wot.jpg

Pygmy Angel (yes I have two angels I will monitor)

DSC_0023_zpszh3d3nl9.jpg

annnnd FTS

DSC_0027_zps1kyswnrm.jpg

not gonna lie but my pgymy is the lamest fish in the tank....he is active but super dark....I might have to catch him and swap him for a wrasse :)

Man Matteo, things are looking great bud !

Thanks! Really am loving this tank! Everytime I come home I'm like "you're so pretty" super excited to slowly stock it with corals!

Cencalfishguy56

Alright alright! Busy day today but a good one! Got the ATO reservoir camouflaged, new Flame Angel, and a couple of pics as an update! Tank is still a little cloudy and some corals are still pissed off but this has only been setup of for 3 days so it is all expected.

So here is the before picture of the ATO itty bitty 3 gallon bucket

20160426_163539_zpsgcavcrqd.jpg

Here is what I bought $6 a piece shelving

20160426_163701_zpsb1w3eqek.jpg

Here is the bucket I will use, it is 10 gallons full.

20160426_170115_zpsaucmnw5k.jpg

little bit of this

20160426_164520_zpsy3ult59y.jpg

little bit of that

20160426_164924_zpshk53267n.jpg

Seriously like only 20 minutes later from first picture, bam!

DSC_0002_zpsshxszlpe.jpg

DSC_0004_zpsvhoqvxvl.jpg

DSC_0006_zps0hzuin2o.jpg

New Guy! :wub:

DSC_0010_zpsr9mxpycv.jpg

One of the clowns

DSC_0017_zpsysxg8wot.jpg

Pygmy Angel (yes I have two angels I will monitor)

DSC_0023_zpszh3d3nl9.jpg

annnnd FTS

DSC_0027_zps1kyswnrm.jpg

dude this setup is seriously so sick!
HarryPotter

One thing, looks difficult to see when the ATO reservoir is empty! Woud be pretty easy to add an indicator LED perhaps to turn on when a float switch closes (ATO empty)

One thing, looks difficult to see when the ATO reservoir is empty! Woud be pretty easy to add an indicator LED perhaps to turn on when a float switch closes (ATO empty)

Definitely a good idea! However the back of the bucket sticks out like 2 inches all I have to do is simply look over and I can see the water level:) I may do that anyway because it would be cool though!

Rodi unit or reservoir?

Unit. My reservoir is a 2 5 gallon bucketa. One holds made rodi,one holds made saltwater and then one under my desk for my ato. So 3 I guess lol. And one upstairs for the chameleons misting system so 4 :lol:
Cencalfishguy56

Here is a little clip! Taken with a Nikon D5200 50mm f/1.8. Lost quality when uploaded to YouTube for some reason :(

drool...

got the 2 NanoBox V3 arrays in. Gonna open my Hybrid up replace the fans and add an extra and CAREFULLY :scarry: smack the existing V3 arrays off and get all 4 on this sucker. Gonna be BRIGHT BRIGHT BRIGHT B)

Had some fun today with a little DIY action!

Before:

IMG_0610_zpscl2xqz4m.jpg

IMG_0616_zpsokugixn8.jpg

2 more V3 arrays from thatguytom!

1499f0f4-cbd9-4689-9774-3b6f828f3960_zps

Got then hit off pretty easy

20160428_150124_zpsuqasbo9j.jpg

got all 4 glued and clamped

5a93233c-7f37-47b2-bd2a-64ec63ea0dc6_zps

making a mess 3 new fans

20160428_153704_zpszw3ztgnu.jpg

time to start soldering everything together, I forgot the white channels are higher on voltage so the center 2 arrays White channel is being ran off a 1000LDD while the other 2 are on a 700LDD. All other channels are still ran on a single 700 as voltage limit has not been exceeded.

20160428_162006_zpsstxg3h7k.jpg

made a mess

20160428_200308_zpsp1slqx1q.jpg

tah dah!

DSC_0010_zpsypjl8nab.jpg

DSC_0007_zpsxjjbf1b7.jpg

FTS:

DSC_0003_zpsre2afmpk.jpg

purple + and coral + come in tomorrow also!

Awesome job on the retro! Should be enough light for this tank and the next you get a deal on. :D

thanks! can't take all credit on the retro! thatguytom built it and I simply took apart and added some more light! definitely need some sunglasses for this bad boy! B) as for the the next tank I have to build another quadcopter ;)

Cencalfishguy56

thanks! can't take all credit on the retro! thatguytom built it and I simply took apart and added some more light! definitely need some sunglasses for this bad boy! B) as for the the next tank I have to build another quadcopter ;)

duuuuude that retro makes me feel some kinda way! Lmao I need one of them!

Archived