inTank Media Baskets

Matteo's College Living Room Piece* Update

Matteo

Forget my last comment got the skimmer cleaned out and working (definitely upgrading) tank is all setup and corals and fish are thrown in. All the fish are swimming and look happy! Pics to come and possibly for gear in the classifieds! Gotta clean my living room up. Buckets, towels, pumps, hoses etc.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea! Haven't actually hooked it up yet! :)

Hey man are you familiar with this? It is a 5 stage yet has another stage with the TDS meter? I think I hooked it up right.....it was at .4:( so I will have to buy a recharge kit.

Okay so everything is up and running! I am keeping the Tang, we homies now.

Things to do still is get a larger ATO reservoir for the left side of the stand. Something black and tall and completely rectangular so it looks sharp.

Another thing happening this week is Maintenance on the Hybrid Light. I am getting 2 more V3 Arrays to add to this beauty! Going to have to CAREFULLY nudge the original two off so I can distribute them evenly. Also going to replace and add more fans because current fans are a wee bit noisey.

2 weeks from now a buddy of mine is coming to pick up some reef gear and dropping me off a RBTA, and about $125 worth of coral :D

stay tuned!

HarryPotter

Should I add a moonlight channel? Just using 2 royal blue cree XT-E LEDs at like 1%? beneficial or just cool?

Add em. Not "beneficial" but super nice at night

HarryPotter

Hey Matteo I can send you a whole rapidLED Kit for the cost of shipping, maybe $15 or so. Has two drivers, the controller, heat sink, and a bunch of LEDs. No idea if all the components work but I'm sure you could use the parts. Was the nanotube 28 retrofit

Fire fish pair or cardinal pair?

or take chances on flame angel (always wanted one)

No on firefish until you get a top. Cardinals are cool. What about a wrasse? I love my leopard wrasse, favorite fish for sure

20160314_160613_zpsaceibppd.jpg

Also, congrats out on the tank, this is going to look slick. I'm sure you could DIY a top out of that BRS netting and a window screen kit for home depot for less than $30. I'd make that a priority, because finding fish on the ground sucks..... only a matter of time until they do jump

No on firefish until you get a top. Cardinals are cool. What about a wrasse? I love my leopard wrasse, favorite fish for sure

20160314_160613_zpsaceibppd.jpg

I have a Midas Blenny who I really really really hope doesn't jump. I want to get a top just do not want to shell out 150ish for one at the moment. also the clean open look is sooo nice. Leopard wrasse are super super cool but finicky eaters. My fuge is full of pods however and there is a lot of LR and everything is well established.

I have a Midas Blenny who I really really really hope doesn't jump. I want to get a top just do not want to shell out 150ish for one at the moment. also the clean open look is sooo nice. Leopard wrasse are super super cool but finicky eaters. My fuge is full of pods however and there is a lot of LR and everything is well established.

I edited my post lol, maybe try making one of those screen tops? I have one on my 40 and it looks slick with the BRS netting. Also my leopard is a pig, eats everything and anything I throw in the tank. Just have your LFS order one and hold it for 2-3 weeks. If its eating and still alive then you know it'll do fine in your tank. Also they tend to go down and not up when startled so an unlikely jumper

Okay that is good to hear on the midas blenny. BRS has rimless aquarium kits but they are out of stock. I probably should do a temporary screen for the sake of the blenny. I would rather spend money too knowing the the screen from simz or artfully acrylic would be nice and sexy and match the tank. Hmm LFS down here are not chill like that:/ Maybe a pretty flasher wrasses?

Okay that is good to hear on the midas blenny. BRS has rimless aquarium kits but they are out of stock. I probably should do a temporary screen for the sake of the blenny. I would rather spend money too knowing the the screen from simz or artfully acrylic would be nice and sexy and match the tank. Hmm LFS down here are not chill like that:/ Maybe a pretty flasher wrasses?

Worth asking lol. Find the owner rather than some sales person and offer to pay down. I think its worth it on sensitive fish like these. Yup those screen tops do look legit but too much money for me. I'm not a fan of flashers. Great activity and good tankmates but they will jump. I had a screen top and it jumped out twice while I was working on the tank or feeding. Would attack a flake on the surface and just fly out with it in its mouth :rolleyes::lol::lol: . One day though it found a less than 1/8 of an inch wide opening in the back between my filter outflow and the screen top and squeezed out. Found it roasted to a crisp on top of the screen top. I like the behavior of the sand dwelling wrasse too much to try a flasher again. I know you have a lot of yellow fish, but maybe try a yellow corris Or a green corris?

Nah no more yellow! Thats why I though red with a flame angel or firefish. I have 2 people who are the owners/managers/accountant/employee/(you get it) of their "stores" I'll call and ask and see what they can do. Honestly I really love chromis. I know they are small and cheap but so fun to watch swim together. I know they truly don't school in small groups though. All my fish are very active swimmers so maybe something stagnant like cardinals would be a good call.

butttt leopard wrasses are cool

id say just do it and watch what happens

That is what I figured. I have always thought they were so pretty. Maybe I should wait and get a leopard wrasse like Roshan said. AH DECISIONS! :scarry:

Cencalfishguy56

That is what I figured. I have always thought they were so pretty. Maybe I should wait and get a leopard wrasse like Roshan said. AH DECISIONS! :scarry:

yea I want a flame angel from my LFS he has 3 nice ones but after seeing that leopard wrasse I want one lol

yea I want a flame angel from my LFS he has 3 nice ones but after seeing that leopard wrasse I want one lol

I guess I need a bigger tank.......I am sure I can figure out another trade deal for 90g?;)

Me: "I will trade you this 32inch tv for your 90g cube with ecotech everything? Craigslist dude: "mmm sold!"

Cencalfishguy56

I guess I need a bigger tank.......I am sure I can figure out another trade deal for 90g?;)

Me: "I will trade you this 32inch tv for your 90g cube with ecotech everything? Craigslist dude: "mmm sold!"

lol shit I never thought of trading my tv, who needs one when you have a tank? lol

lol shit I never thought of trading my tv, who needs one when you have a tank? lol

right!? Both are next to each other and I am like why do I have this? Then I remember I can't slay newbs on fish tank

Cencalfishguy56

right!? Both are next to each other and I am like why do I have this? Then I remember I can't slay newbs on fish tank

true although I haven't played my xbox one since I setup my tank, I get addicted hah

true although I haven't played my xbox one since I setup my tank, I get addicted hah

You think a flame angel and Mandrian goby would be too much?

Just ordered a coral + and purple + along with a new membrane and refill kit for my RODI! $5 3-day shipping at BRS FTW! Also heading out today to grab a fish and to construct a hidden in plain sight RO/DI reservoir.

Archived