Pod Your Reef

Nixperience 33 Gallon Cube (Updated FTS and close ups)

Nixperience

I got everything hooked up now and it's all working great. I'm thinking about adding another 5 pounds worth of rock. This is just an iPhone photo for now until I unpack my SLR.

9A3A623B-8F1B-4DB3-BA60-754CAFFC11B6_zps

DA5B7954-3413-4330-A10D-93766B7818C2_zps

• 2 weeks later...

Build is looking sweet! Was one prime not enough for the tank?

I think one would probably have been enough, but I thought having two would allow me to fine tune the lighting a little bit more without cranking them and reduce some shadowing.

• Like 1

Your clowns are fierce. Mine only nip at me when I feed.

It's really just the male. He doesn't bother me on the left side of the tank, but on the right side, he comes at me.

I picked up a tiny green acro frag that I'm not quite sure what it is. My monti cap has been in recovery since my small tank was being tank sat by my lfs until I got this tank set up. It got pretty neglected.

9B65E0FC-2DB7-48A5-B79C-B019950D61D9_zps

A75B3FBD-F6D8-4FD4-AF86-18A2A6BAC1E8_zps

My digitata has a burned spot and a bit of white spot on the underside. White white spot stays white, and the burned spot was like a nest for algae. I suppose you can always wait till you see algae before you snip it off, but I don't think it'll grow back once it has turned white.

I've been noticing my tank seems to be out of level. Almost 1/4" in front right corner and an 1/8" in the back right corner. I think I'm going to have to drain as much as I can tomorrow and try to shim the stand. Hopefully this will take care of things.

I managed to shim the tank up since it had felt pads under the stand. I just pushed through the felt pads with shims until was level. Drained 10 gallons before I did it and then did a 25% water change. No better time to do it then now I guess.

I just picked up a 1" orange setosa frag, a 2" purple undata frag, a 4" orange cap, and a 1" pink millepora all for $20 from a local reefer! I'll post pics once they've all settled in.

$20 that's a steal! Post some pictures!

I just picked up a 1" orange setosa frag, a 2" purple undata frag, a 4" orange cap, and a 1" pink millepora all for $20 from a local reefer! I'll post pics once they've all settled in.

Some full tank shots and some close ups.

FullTank_zpsqko8wk8f.jpg

FullTankAbove_zpsjchahp37.jpg

New Millepora frag

Millepora_zpsphztutab.jpg

Duncan

Duncan_zpshcsoupnr.jpg

Blastos

Blastos_zpsv4ao39rk.jpg

Birdsnest

Birdsnest_zpso2ltvhlt.jpg

Hammers

Hammers_zpsrzeoba3n.jpg

Ricordea Rock in the making

Ricordeas_zpsoyybhnuu.jpg

Is that a purple bird nest? I would love to see your setosa!

It's a pink birdsnest with blue polyps, so it ends up looking purple. I couldn't get a good photo of the setosa. It's right above the hammers. It's just like half a small potato chip.