Top Shelf Aquatics

Which light radion or hydra

masssnapz

Tank is a 40 breeder mixed reef but sps dominant.

I am torn between either. . .

1 hydra 52hd or 2 hydra 26hd.

Or

1 radion xr30w pro or 2 xr15w pros.

I am already leaning towards the hydras as I have had them on previous tanks but keep hearing great things about the radions.

when it comes to $$ I like the Hydra more but radions are good. If you have that kind of budget I would go Nano Box Quad.

Not to be a dick but how do you have that kind of budget but not a camera phone?

when it comes to $$ I like the Hydra more but radions are good. If you have that kind of budget I would go Nano Box Quad.

Not to be a dick but how do you have that kind of budget but not a camera phone?

Because I don't have a camera phone. Lmao, my phone has a camera but it's broken, I dont want to buy a new phone for 500-800 when all I need it is to call and text and take pics of bobbits.

Switch to Metro PCS...Shar's phone is an android does great for what ur talkin' bout.

I have a note 4 I just need to do a insurance claim on it. Unfortunately where I live and and the towns I work are pretty much dead zones for anything but verizon. I have been through metropcs, sprint, to bile and now verizon. Verizon is the only carrier I have never been stuck with no signal with.

So that qualifies as product promotion right ? Where's my money Verizon !

I have a note 4 I just need to do a insurance claim on it. Unfortunately where I live and and the towns I work are pretty much dead zones for anything but verizon. I have been through metropcs, sprint, to bile and now verizon. Verizon is the only carrier I have never been stuck with no signal with.

So that qualifies as product promotion right ? Where's my money Verizon !

Massachusetts Yes

Massachusetts Yes

Yup, Im always working in umm how do I put it rich towns, where there is a shit ton of undeveloped land, forests and no cell towers ! Dunstable, Ma has by far the absolute worst cell service. Forget 2g I don't even get 1 bar when I'm there. I literally can't call into work to find my next job until I'm in the next town over.

Title says Kessil or Hyrda :blink: What Kessil? I had a XR 15 and hated it so.........

My 40 Breeder has a ATI Hybrid over it and love it......

Title says Kessil or Hyrda :blink: What Kessil? I had a XR 15 and hated it so.........

My 40 Breeder has a ATI Hybrid over it and love it......

My first post explains it all.......Extra elipses for effect.

My first post explains it all.......Extra elipses for effect.

Well title said Kessil when I posted................sorry but I don't like either of them......my vote Kessils and some T5s.......

I love the shimmer of the kessils and a AP700 with some 24" T5s would be a sweet light over a 40 breeder.

Yup, Im always working in umm how do I put it rich towns, where there is a shit ton of undeveloped land, forests and no cell towers ! Dunstable, Ma has by far the absolute worst cell service. Forget 2g I don't even get 1 bar when I'm there. I literally can't call into work to find my next job until I'm in the next town over.

I live in one of those undeveloped lands in MA. Hubbardston

masterbuilder

Between the ones you posted ...I vote for the 2 xr15's. No way, one 52 or 30 wouldn't give you the coverage you need. Both AI and Radion do the job but I would choose the Radions for two reasons: The wider angle lenses on the Radions (less disco and shading) and the larger community support.

EDIT: I use LED's but if I had a 40B SPS tank I would hang an ATI T5 over it without question.

Good old woostah county. Your not that far from me.

Well title said Kessil when I posted................sorry but I don't like either of them......my vote Kessils and some T5s.......

I love the shimmer of the kessils and a AP700 with some 24" T5s would be a sweet light over a 40 breeder.

Lol I didn't realize my mistake until after either lmao. I'm like wtf this guy can't read or something.
Elizabeth94

For what its worth.. I had the Radion xr30w pro over my old 29gal. It was definitely high quality, no question about that. However, I am finding that my little AI Prime is just as nice for the money, so I vote for the Hydras. Great controllability and the colors of my sps are nice. Still, I would def go T5 over that tank if you want your sps to really thrive. I guess you could angle the radions/hydras to try and combat shading from led's though.

I know the ati has a timer on it but does that allow you to ramp up the light.

I Grew up in Northampton...Lived in Belchertown. (Hampshire County)

I was a Local Truck Driver, 18 wheeler. Been all over. It's nice to see some folks that live in my "Old neck of the woods" perse.

Massnapz, I understand ur "Cell phone svc" Woes. I Used to have Verizon, back in the day, then I switched to AT&T. this was quite a few years ago. Like 15?

HarryPotter

You need the dimmable ATI to have ramping ability. Dimmable ATI will also have an integrated timer.

Yes it is totally controllable both the T5s and the LEDs.

Okay so I just made arrangements to get a 6x39 dimmable ati on tuesday. Other than the traditional reefbrites add on is there any way to incorporate a radion xr30 into the mix.

HarryPotter

Okay so I just made arrangements to get a 6x39 dimmable ati on tuesday. Other than the traditional reefbrites add on is there any way to incorporate a radion xr30 into the mix.

No

Archived