Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lighting for 48"x8"x8" tank questions

KnH

So this is a tank that I built, lighting would be approx 10" from the sand bed

I was thinking I could do two t-5's and would probably be too much light

Would this be an over under thing one bulb not enough, two bulbs to much.

What would a good LED setup be like, 3 ups with a lime in between the 3 ups

Thanks

Ken

CronicReefer

Two-bulb T5 fixture should work just great. You won't be able to have much choice of color combinations but I would not consider it too much light.

thanks , I cant find any examples of two bulb combos, I think I will start looking a four bulb recommendations and then devide.

Would one row of leds 1/3 towards the front, in front of the hardscape work out for coverage, I will have to take a look at the led calculator and see how it plays out., it hasn't been updated for a few years.

Any thoughts on a LED layout and combo's

For such a shallow narrow tank, it's not unlike the Mr. Aqua 12g long, but for an extra foot in length. Acros grow fine on the sand bed in mine under a Current USA Orbit Marine. I think the depth is 1" more than what you have set up.

For such a shallow narrow tank, it's not unlike the Mr. Aqua 12g long, but for an extra foot in length. Acros grow fine on the sand bed in mine under a Current USA Orbit Marine. I think the depth is 1" more than what you have set up.

Do you have a thread on your setup, The tanks match up almost exactly except for mine is a foot longer (48" x 7.5" x 8.75")

Did you use the 24" to 36" or the 36" to 48" on your tank.

Do you have a thread on your setup, The tanks match up almost exactly except for mine is a foot longer (48" x 7.5" x 8.75")

Did you use the 24" to 36" or the 36" to 48" on your tank.

I use the 36 on mine. The 48 should be perfect for yours. The thread that is linked in my sig has the build details with some pics and videos.

Archived