SaltCritters.com

Apex Lunar LEDs on a rimless

gunit

Anyone have experience with mounting Apex Lunar LEDs on a rimless tank?

I'm looking to add moonlights to my Red Sea Reefer Nano, but I'm not sure where to mount the LEDs.

I do have a DIY screen top that I made so I could attach the lights to the bottom side of it, but then the LEDS would be probably less than an inch off the surface of the water. Given that I doubt they are sealed I'd be worried about them somehow getting wet and adversely affecting the tank (e.g. stray voltage etc.) I could also try doing something on top of the screen, but I'm really trying to maintain the clean look of the tank.

Love to hear peoples thoughts on what would be best or even better if someone has dealt with this challenge before how did you solve it.

tanacharison

How are you mounting your Kessil? If you get the mounting rails you can attach moonlights and it will still look really sharp.

I'm using the Kessil mounting arm so there isn't really a clean place to attach them too. I haven't seen any mounting rails made for the Kessil, but might be willing to change up my mounting method if it makes the attachment of the moonlights cleaner.

tanacharison

The 3 led string makes it hard. I just used little zip ties and mounted a current usa truelumen where the arm runs parallel.

Archived