Top Shelf Aquatics

toasted my new acro

DudE31

Hey everyone, recently got a green acro frag that i started in the sand bed. Currently using evergrow d120. It started to brown so I moved it to the top of the rocks and has been getting some great colour the last couple of weeks. I did a water change today and took the water down to about 1" above the frag and. The pump I use to fill the tank back up was struggling and my water change took about 1.5 hours to get back up to a normal water level (I had someone watching the tank). I have now come back home to an acro that looks like it hasn't seen light in a month. The colour is completely gone and its now a pale brown. No polyp extension.

p04-0.01

nitrate less than 5ppm

salt water used for w/c was same as tank. ph 8.2 and salinity 1.024 checked using refractometer

Have i nuked this coral ?, any suggestions or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

EDIT: all other sps are fine including a deep water acro, and two monti caps

Pic?

give it some time, mine have done that and I just let them sit for a bit and they usually come back. The lack of PE is concerning though, is it getting enough flow or is it known for having a lot of PE?

I would be more worried if it started to bleach out. It came back from browning before so I would just keep an eye on it but I would expect it to color back up with time.

it looked like the whole frag started to RTN :( I had to remove it from the tank. Live and learn I guess

Sorry to hear that. It's tough when you lose anything.

I always feel bad. I know its just a coral. Thanks for the support.

Sorry to hear that. It's tough when you lose anything.

Archived