Coral Vue Hydros

This what I think it is? (ich?)

Csalt

That's ich, sorry man. Remove and QT immediately. Or dose the tank seeing as you only have one fish.

Don't have a QT at the moment. What would I use to dose the tank with that won't kill any of my corals or inverts?

I know API Super Ich Cure works, but it'll affect your corals... gonna need a quarantine tank to dose the fish alone.

Cencalfishguy56

I know API Super Ich Cure works, but it'll affect your corals... gonna need a quarantine tank to dose the fish alone.

naw this will kill coral it has copper in it
william_payne1

get a tub, bucket, whatever and make it into a QT and dose for ich asap. if cost doesn't matter go to your LFS get a 5.5 gal & filter it's all you need for a few days then you can work on a nice QT when he's better

Cencalfishguy56

Don't have a QT at the moment. What would I use to dose the tank with that won't kill any of my corals or inverts?

ive had luck with parashield and meaty foods everyday since I couldn't setup a QT, it pisses coral off but didn't kill anything
Cencalfishguy56

id avoid a bucket if you can, get a 5 gallon tank with a heater and filter and some pvc for him to hide in and I'd make that into a hospital tank

You can treat the fish with medication in a qt but unless the dt tank itself isn't fishless for 6-8 weeks, the parasite is still there and as soon as you put the fish back in, it has a host to live off of again.

Some ppl treat the fish successfully and others feel moving them to a qt and treating them can cause more stress on the immune system and causes more issues.

This is a really good must read on ich

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-08/sp/

Definitely look into hyposalinity. Much less stressful on them than copper.

I'm usually in the "immune system will take care of it" party, and if it didn't look so bad if just say leave him in the tank with a high quality food, but that looks like a lot of ich on a tiny fish :(

Whatever you do, get some LRS or similar food and good luck!

Came home after work last week and found him inside the AC70. Didn't make it. He made it past the overflow box somehow. I ended up putting a strainer inside the tube to prevent that from happening again.

Didn't have a chance. The day after I started this thread my wife told me the fish was mia. Got home after work, looked for it and found it in the filter. Was kinda scrapped up. It was doing those death darts. Where it would swim fast then sink. Went to the ls to get supplies, came back and snails were on him.

Archived