Pod Your Reef

Best and Most Used Bacteria in a Bottle?

Rural

Bottled Bacteria  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What Bottled Bacteria Do You Use?

• Microbacter7
    • Stablity by Seachem
    • Continuum Reef Fuel
    • Reef Fuel by Seachem
    • Prodibio
    • Zeobak
    • Red Sea Reef Mature Pro
    • Reef Biofuel Brightwell Aquatics
    • Bacto Blend by Faunomarine
    • Bio8 Two Little Fishes
    • BioSpira Instant Ocean
    • Colony by ATM
    • Dr Tims
    • *Live Sand
    • *Live Rock
    • *Live Mud
    • other _________
  2. 2. How Often Dosed?

• Once Initially
    • Whenever the tank had changes/problems
    • Daily
    • Weekly
    • Monthly

so my tank had a hiccup after almost 2 years, what are yall using for bacteria now? if you want to explain or discuss optical density feel free!

william_payne1

I decided to use biospira to start a tank once, I only used half the bottle, about a year or so later I started having troubles so I thought use the rest now and see what happens, boom the next morning it was like a new tank! Now I use it to start all my tanks and keep it around just in case, it is shelf stable so you don't need a refrigerator and as far as I know it does not have a shelf life, but it did have a "sale by" sticker on it so I'm not 100% sure on that.

I used Biospira to help kick start my cycle initially. I used Reef Cleaners dry rock and dry sand. It took my BioCube 29 about 2.5 to 3 weeks to be able to process 2ppm of ammonia to 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite over a 24 hour period.

I have used Tims and Bio Spera both seemed to do what they said. Both tanks used reef cleaners rock also.

I just put a bunch of reef cleaners rock in a 20 long to cycle and this time just used a few filter socks and well only took about 2 weeks to start using up the ammonia so.........

Archived