Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Anyone have blotched anthias?

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

Beautiful, reef safe, and a very unusual fish. Does anyone have one or had one in the past?

Thinking of getting one in a while, would like to hear some opinions :)

Beautiful, reef safe, and a very unusual fish. Does anyone have one or had one in the past?

Thinking of getting one in a while, would like to hear some opinions :)

My LFS carries them now. Very cool fish

They keep one happily in a 40gal tank.

Just ran into a pair of juveniles this past weekend, $180 a piece. Very cool fish but outta my price range atm. It's like the candy basslet or peppermint angel, very nice fish and I really want one, just don't want to pay the price tag.

Cool Anthia, and reef safe, lot of cool color patterns as well.

The ones I seen were white w/ green blotches and yellow find highlights aprox 2.5 - 3"@ shipwreck cove

HarryPotter

Just ran into a pair of juveniles this past weekend, $180 a piece. Very cool fish but outta my price range atm. It's like the candy basslet or peppermint angel, very nice fish and I really want one, just don't want to pay the price tag.

Cool Anthia, and reef safe, lot of cool color patterns as well.

The ones I seen were white w/ green blotches and yellow find highlights aprox 2.5 - 3"@ shipwreck cove

I have the opportunity for $70 a piece..... Tempting!

I had a pair of them, I just gave one back to the LFS due to his size. I still have a small one who does well in my 70 gallon. They are cool fish, eat anything and perch in strange positions.

HarryPotter

I had a pair of them, I just gave one back to the LFS due to his size. I still have a small one who does well in my 70 gallon. They are cool fish, eat anything and perch in strange positions.

Thats what im reading, very easy going fish that will neither be aggressive nor picked on by clowns or similar sized fish

HarryPotter

$70 is a steal, I'd get em

I might. The thing is my tang (JUST my tang) has had ich for a while now and it makes me super nervous. And no, my parents won't let me set up a quarantine.

Cencalfishguy56

I might. The thing is my tang (JUST my tang) has had ich for a while now and it makes me super nervous. And no, my parents won't let me set up a quarantine.

damn tangs lol
HarryPotter

damn tangs lol

I feel bad for it. Ich is getting worse over time. Can't return it to LFS to put in their copper system either. Euthanize? Ugh. :(

Cencalfishguy56

I feel bad for it. Ich is getting worse over time. Can't return it to LFS to put in their copper system either. Euthanize? Ugh. :(

keep him well fed and water quality up, he might pull through
HarryPotter

keep him well fed and water quality up, he might pull through

Water quality is top notch, feeding a bunch. Hope it'll recover but if it gets worse :(

JavaJacketOC

I wouldn't add a new fish when you currently have ich. Even though your other fish may be able to fight it off at the moment that could change. The new anthia would be stressed from the move making it more susceptible to the Ich.

Have you tried Polyp Lab Medic? Says it's reef safe (not sure how to tell if it is though) and if it's really just the yellow tang that is showing signs of it you might be able to help him overcome it. You'd probably still want to wait a couple months before adding anything though.

Get some plain yoghurt from the store, mix it with some tank water. Catch the fish and pour the yoghurt solution on the fish. Release the fish into the tank. The bacteria in the yoghurt will outcompete the ich in a couple of days.

HarryPotter

Get some plain yoghurt from the store, mix it with some tank water. Catch the fish and pour the yoghurt solution on the fish. Release the fish into the tank. The bacteria in the yoghurt will outcompete the ich in a couple of days.

I hope you're joking ?

1. Buy fish, put in QT tank #1, treat as needed.

2. Move current fish from display to QT tank #2, treat as needed.

3. Let display stay fishless for 72 days minimum.

4. Move all fish from QTs to display again.

5. ????

6. Profit!

Screw parents, mine gave up and let me set up 2 QT tanks for TTM. I hate to say it but odds are against that tang without treatment. Would your parents let the family dog/cat walk around with a preventable but terminal illness? Most likely not.

HarryPotter

1. Buy fish, put in QT tank #1, treat as needed.

2. Move current fish from display to QT tank #2, treat as needed.

3. Let display stay fishless for 72 days minimum.

4. Move all fish from QTs to display again.

5. ????

6. Profit!

Not ich. My parents won't allow me to quarentine as well... I think I am done with tangs.

C5896BD8-D3C9-40EE-AE6B-83D98C21280F_zps

HarryPotter

Nope. Not at all. I've been successfully using this for 50 years.

You put your fish in yogurt?

Strawberry or blueberry

HarryPotter

$70 is a great price, I'll take 2.

FYI NY Aquatics has them for $99

Might take one, give it a long quarantine.

Archived