Top Shelf Aquatics

so IF I went T5 for a 20L what bulbs to use?

devaji108

as the title says what T5 bulbs for a 20L macro tank?

was thinking of a 2 bulb fixture...

but I know very little about T5 bulbs...more of an LEd man myself. but differently considering it...

I hope you grow a nice macro tank with deep water reds to green, and blues. so a mix macro reef if that a thing..haha

I was thinking a 10K an antic?

I know macro sweet spot is around 8K? but I do like a lil blue in my tanks tho..

whata all think?

I'd assume something more in the 6500k because that's what most freshwater plants use. So maybe a 6500k and something like a coral for a hint of crisp white or if you want some blue maybe a blue +?

from what I have read 8k is really good, that said seams like ppl are having great growth with all types of lighting.

seems a lil hit and miss tho.

think i am just gonna go LED... less hassle in getting bulbs shipped cheaper too.

I have T5s in a seahorse/macro tank. I get great growth from my macros and I do a lot of big water changes. If I were using a 2 bulb fixture I would use a coral daylight and an actinic or a 10k and an actinic.

A 20L is pretty shallow so a 2 bulb fixture should be fine. T5 give lots of reflective light which is beneficial. Still, lots of folks grow great macro algae under LEDs too. What macro algaes are you planning?

I think I decided on the aquamaxx nemo light. its, LED low profile and come with some nice features at a good price point.

as far as macos go its gonna be a full blow macro display. go greens, deep water red and some blues. with a few sponges mixed in there.

as the title says what T5 bulbs for a 20L macro tank?

was thinking of a 2 bulb fixture...

but I know very little about T5 bulbs...more of an LEd man myself. but differently considering it...

I hope you grow a nice macro tank with deep water reds to green, and blues. so a mix macro reef if that a thing..haha

I was thinking a 10K an antic?

I know macro sweet spot is around 8K? but I do like a lil blue in my tanks tho..

whata all think?

I use 1 ATI Blue plus and 1 Giesemann 6500k over a 20g macro fuge, works great! I personally like t5 over led for macro.

Archived