Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fish for a 34 gallon Red Sea Max E170

Gramarossa17

Gramarossa17

Hey guys, I recently purchased the Red Sea Max E170 tank system, and am planning to make it a fish only tank with live rock. So I am trying to plan ahead and get some good ideas on fish groupings that you guys think would be suitable for a 34 gallon. Any and all suggestions are welcome. I was thinking 4 to 5 fish max depending on size.

Not having corals really opens up your options. The max E 170 is roughly the same size as the Reefer 170 so you can google that for some reading material. Really depends on what catches your eye. I suggest going to your lfs see what they recommend then do your own research on those fish. Rinse and repeat

There are some nice Wrasse species that you can house in a Fish Only, maybe a smaller species of Angelfish, Hawkfish, etc. You could even house a smaller species of Lionfish or Puffer. Make sure that once you narrow down your selection you ensure that these fish are compatible with each other and that they can be housed in the tank your size. Some species may require specialized feeding which is something to also keep in mind. Fish Only aquariums really have endless options for fish species, have fun!

Any species of clowns or cardinals would be good for your tank, they aren't aggressive towards each other. Also they are hardy fish. I wouldn't recommend "a smaller" species of angelfish... they need at least 50 gallons or larger. Most gobies and blennies are compatible, but don't add more than one of those species. The list goes on

Archived