Cultivated Reef

Old tank to new tank

Rpc07

I'm in the process of transferring my live stock to my newly cycled tank. So far I just transferred over the pair of clowns I have I don't want to shock the system or raise the bio load to fast how long should I wait between transfers?

Depends, how large is the new system? What remaining livestock needs to still be transferred?

Going from a bc29 to a Reefer 170 which the display is about 35 gallons total system is around 45. Left are a skunk cleaner shrimp, flasher wrasse, flame tail blenny, Cardinal and about 8 Scarlett hermits.

Only live stock and corals are being transferred all equipment and rock are new.

I'm always one for going slow in saltwater aquariums so I would say add a fish every few days at least to give the new system a chance to handle the increase in bio-load. The hermits and remaining coral should be fine to add whenever you would like, just don't go overboard with the feedings at the moment. Slow and steady!

I'm always one for going slow in saltwater aquariums so I would say add a fish every few days at least to give the new system a chance to handle the increase in bio-load. The hermits and remaining coral should be fine to add whenever you would like, just don't go overboard with the feedings at the moment. Slow and steady!

I was thinking a week between new additions. Maybe add 2 more fish in a week. Then another week add the last fish, hermits and coral. I want to move slow also don't want to shock anything.

Thanks for the help.

I was thinking a week between new additions. Maybe add 2 more fish in a week. Then another week add the last fish, hermits and coral. I want to move slow also don't want to shock anything.

Thanks for the help.

Good plan.

Archived