Pod Your Reef

Struggling with deciding on livestock

kylekruko85

kylekruko85

I cant decide what to stock my biocube 29 with and keep going back and forth but I want to have it figured out so I add them in the correct order. I know I want a couple of clowns and a YWG/shrimp pair. But besides that I am still open to ideas. This is my first tank and I plan on have corals eventually as well. Suggestions? I was also thinking about a Green Clown Goby instead of the YWG/shrimp pair as well. AHHH decisions haha.

For Clownfish stick with smaller species like Ocellaris or Percula, a pair would do just fine. A reef safe Wrasse like a Fairy or Sixline would be nice. Gobies, Blennies, Cardinalfish, etc. would all work for your tank size. No matter what fish you stock your tank with don't overstock and introduce the fish on separate occasions to allow your tank to adjust to the increase in bio-load.

Go with a wild caught clownfish and an anemone hell play in, a nice leopard wrasse, midas blenny, pink chromis, scooter blenny. Honestly, make sure your gonna get peaceful fish that will be happy with each other, the last thing you want is fighting fish, then your tearing your tank apart trying to get one out... Don't get a blue hippo tang, it WILL get ich, as tempting as they are, they WILL get ich.

kylekruko85

For Clownfish stick with smaller species like Ocellaris or Percula, a pair would do just fine. A reef safe Wrasse like a Fairy or Sixline would be nice. Gobies, Blennies, Cardinalfish, etc. would all work for your tank size. No matter what fish you stock your tank with don't overstock and introduce the fish on separate occasions to allow your tank to adjust to the increase in bio-load

If I got say a goby, cardinal fish, clowns and a wrasse. Would I add the wrasse in last or the clowns?

A good rule of thumb to follow is to introduce the most aggressive/territorial species in a system last, however, none of the fish species in question really fall into the aggressive/territorial category. Although I would personally introduce a Wrasse as the last fish if it were me.

Archived