Pod Your Reef

William's Red Sea Reefer Nano - The Final Countdown

William

Well on of my radial filefish seems to have lost an eyeball.... :-(

51c3351e63cdc4ff511d1493dfadf13c.jpgcb39d51aa83aee373c745c16707ffd04.jpg7da3a6fca63847d3a7c50c23e365d16f.jpg

I have no clue how this happened, he looked fine yesterday....

He is still eating welll. What should I do?

The filefish's eyesocket has healed and he is still eating, but I was never able to find out what caused it....

Iwas able to convert my ATO into a Miricle Mud holding tank. I will most likely use it as a holding area for new fish/inverts that I am concerned about.

Lastly, here are some random pictures from earlier tonight.

2fe0147a3a078f3eab00d79334b728fd.png8c86d2bbc74df75ab1d98c6cda5ebe9e.png871d91b7072e722a146a166d08eb2af1.pngb4c40355b2384dd80cb9b1127034c7ec.png7c141c2bf915f667e64fb073aa968a74.pngc40e9ac3b84deb92ad1d85ae17d5bab7.png38e347e59e55870881b696ff6c2fd174.png3b3526269fa4dba9a200f446df119a4a.png

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the long hiatus. My step mother passed away, which required me to spend the majority of November and early December back in Texas. I had some wonderful friends who fed and topped off my aquarium, but 6 weeks without a water change or regular dosing definitely has hurt it. I also lost the pike blenny(not sure how). I will try to post some updates pictures once everything has setteled a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

I stopped by my LFS today.... they had a sale and I had no willpower ....

https://imgur.com/gallery/FgljE

Ps how do I get this to display as an image

There's probably more than one way to do it, but here's what I did:

1. Right click on the image in imgur, and select "copy image address".

2. In the NR post, click the little image icon 9in the middle of the bottom row of icons) and paste the image address into the dialog box.

This probably doesn't work in the phone app, though :(

2hgkHQD.jpg

• Like 1

There's probably more than one way to do it, but here's what I did:

1. Right click on the image in imgur, and select "copy image address".

2. In the NR post, click the little image icon 9in the middle of the bottom row of icons) and paste the image address into the dialog box.

This probably doesn't work in the phone app, though :(

2hgkHQD.jpg

thanks! and yea I was trying to do it on my phone with little success

• Like 1

tank looks cool

can you explain how/why your BRS doser failed?

was it a timer error?

I plugged the BRS Doser into the wrong EB8 socket. The BRS doser uses so little power that only two of the 8 plugs could work with it correctly, I flipped my number chart around and plugged it into the wrong one and therefore the doser did not stop when the switch flipped it off.... thats the best way I can explain it

• Like 1

I plugged the BRS Doser into the wrong EB8 socket. The BRS doser uses so little power that only two of the 8 plugs could work with it correctly, I flipped my number chart around and plugged it into the wrong one and therefore the doser did not stop when the switch flipped it off.... thats the best way I can explain it

On my 10g tank, I have four BRS dosers, and I got one of the four outlet boxes for my Apex just for them since all four outlets at the low-power type.

The BRS dosers are super reliable but using them with the wrong Apex outlet is the one way you can end up with a disaster with them :(

Updates:

I finally put in the time today to overhaul my aquarium. I reconnected my dosing pumps (had taken them offline and was just getting by with water changes). I did a 5 gallon water change. I reconnected my apex to the internet (was just using the display to control it). I mounted some of the coral that I got at the frag swap last month (torches). and I gave the rocks a good cleaning. Everything seems to be doing well, and I plan to test the water tomorrow (haven't tested it in months).

I will try and take some better pictures tomorrow night as the ones on here are poor quality.

I may place an order with reefcleaners in order to replenish my CUC.

https://imgur.com/gallery/kSpzr

https://imgur.com/gallery/kSpzr

https://i.imgur.com/Osrqp5m.jpg

ObF31bT.jpg

Osrqp5m.jpg

rqM7IDg.jpg

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Good to know. I've also been looking at the IceCap K2-50 but the little DC pump worries me. If it had a Sicce like it's larger brethren I'd buy it. I think I'm sold on the WS-1.