ReefCleaners.org

Soooo when do i add CUC?

Csalt

Tank has been running for 5 weeks. Had the diatom at the end of week 3 and they went away on their own. It only formed on the rocks, sand stayed cleans but i stir the sand quite a bit (still sucking out dust.) Lots of pods on the glass. Any algae I have is stuck to the frags and hasnt grown or spread.

DSC_0021_zpsqugfdlrx.jpg

It's kinda hard to see but there's some white linty stuff on the left group.

DSC_0022_zps4uhlqbgp.jpg

So when do I add snails and crabs?

I am no help to your question but I really like the look of your tank and aquascape!

Thanks. There's another arch behind the rocks on the left just cant see it strait on. Wish I knew more about flow. That leather moves around a lot and I even have a rock helping deflect some of it.

Hermits should be fine. They will eat any detritus and fish waste. You don't run any filtration on this tank, right? Looking great so far. You must be really on top of your water change schedule for there to be so little algae. At this point I see no use for snails.

Hermits should be fine. They will eat any detritus and fish waste. You don't run any filtration on this tank, right? Looking great so far. You must be really on top of your water change schedule for there to be so little algae. At this point I see no use for snails.

No filtration. I did have an AC70 on it during cycling to help clear the water but it was putting strands of filter floss in the tank. Going to keep this 2 fish max, low load. I might sump it in the summer, depending on how things go. should have done it in the beginning but oh well i guess.

How regularly are you doing water changes during the cycle, if at all?

I did one towards the end of the cycle and have been doing it since once a week.

xHereFishyFishyFishyx

Tank looks great. Love the rock layout. I'll be watching this tank for future updates! It'll look great filled out...

Nice aquascape! Adding cleanup crew is fine, but you want to add them slow. You are going to have excess nutrients and algae while you system balances itself out. If you end up with too many CUC members right now, they may starve.

I like your scape too!!! What size is your tank? What fish are you looking at?

It's a 20l. Just the clown and eventually a goby and shrimp pair.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the aquascape! Very nice looking:)

Thats weird about the floss, never seen that before-the pieces coming from the filter. Then again I can't run a larger filter or mine on full without getting tons of micro bubbles-tried a few filters.

We all have different odd stuff occur:)

I agree, add cuc as needed because a starving cuc is just going to add nutrience.

That tank looks beautiful Csalt, really! With some coral swaying in it, it will look amazing. You've positioned the LR really nicely. I like tanks that look longer rather than tall. Good luck with your project!

Archived