Pod Your Reef

My two new clowns will they kill each other?

makingfilms

makingfilms

HyFfGpc.jpg

Hi I just got these 2 clowns for my birthday from my girfriend for my slowly evolving anemone tank. I am hoping they will eventually bond together. I have never had any clowns in 5 years of reefing so I am coming to you for help. The LFS my GF bought them from said they where a pair of premium snowflake clowns (this place is very reputable and they breed premium designer clowns in-house however these are ordered from ora ) however he mentioned to my gf they haven't bonded yet because they are still juvenile and aren't sexed yet. They seem ok together, one is definitely more of a bully than the other one, but nothing too major in the scheme of things. Upon further inspection of my new fish, It appears that they may not be the same kind of clown. One looks a lot more like a premium black ice clown and one looks like more of a snowflake. From what I have read clowns do get darker blacks over time and maybe one clown is just older than the other, which would explain why one is slightly bigger. I know people mix breed between different color morphs and they can bond and make new color morphs but if Mine are two separate morphs will this cause issues that i should be aware of????

fishfreak0114

^ +1. If one day you see one fish on his side twitching like he's having a seizure that is it submissing, and it will become the male

Archived