inTank Media Baskets

willis's NUVO Fusion Micro 30L 30L

willis

My buddy (got me into the hobby) swang by the house to check out today's additions and came bearing gifts!

Valentines Day Massacre Zoa!
20160803023452_IMG_4849-01_zpstyiep6nd.j

Orange and Green Blasto! (name?)

20160803024321_IMG_4856-01_zpslrdktv2c.j

and an AWESOME green Hammer!!

20160803023535_IMG_4853-01_zpshyeihubz.j

damaged the Blasto trying to get the little guy glues to the rock, but the other 2 seem pretty happy in their new home and opened up almost instantly

Elizabeth94

Good because reefing is awesome. Bad because it hurts the wallet.

good or bad ... I may possibly have developed an addiction

RIP Sebastian

My buddy (got me into the hobby) swang by the house to check out today's additions and came bearing gifts!

Valentines Day Massacre Zoa!

20160803023452_IMG_4849-01_zpstyiep6nd.j

Orange and Green Blasto! (name?)

20160803024321_IMG_4856-01_zpslrdktv2c.j

and an AWESOME green Hammer!!

20160803023535_IMG_4853-01_zpshyeihubz.j

damaged the Blasto trying to get the little guy glues to the rock, but the other 2 seem pretty happy in their new home and opened up almost instantly

Where do people get these Zoa names?!?!?!?!?!? Did someone just wake up and say, "Oh, look at those! They're pink and red! Let's name them after a major turning point in the gang war that was Chicago during the prohibition era in which six people were killed!"?

They do look nice, though.

Nick

Where do people get these Zoa names?!?!?!?!?!? Did someone just wake up and say, "Oh, look at those! They're pink and red! Let's name them after a major turning point in the gang war that was Chicago during the prohibition era in which six people were killed!"?

They do look nice, though.

Nick

sorry nick, i didn't name um, or even buy um lol ... and i just realized that my zoa collection is getting kinda morbid, scored some purple deaths today. maybe my bulid thread should be changed to "willis's 30L emo adventure"?

RIP Sebastian

sorry nick, i didn't name um, or even buy um lol ... and i just realized that my zoa collection is getting kinda morbid, scored some purple deaths today. maybe my bulid thread should be changed to "willis's 30L emo adventure"?

Haha. I didn't mean for that to come off cynical or angry. I was just jokin'. TBH, "Emo Adventure would probably get you a lot of views!

Nick

Cencalfishguy56

Red Montipora Digitata

red%20Digitata-01_zpsznqdjf68.jpeg

Red Montipora Setosa

red%20Setosa-01_zpsv2pljzvr.jpeg

Purple Death

Purple%20Death%202-01_zpskcgeyiay.jpeg

the red montipora digitata is tiny... :wacko:

i kinda hit the jackpot today. just went from 3 coral pieces, to 6, and now 25 (:

pics and details once everyone is settled in and opened up.

20160808002330_IMG_5002-01_zpsqaqagin2.j

pics of some of the new pieces.
all were pulled from a tank that was on its way out so please disregard the algae. All seem to be VERY happy in it's new home and working on a road to recovery!!!

Any help on names would be GREATLY appreciated too!!!

1_zpsevdj2l2g.jpg

ricordea ??
2_zps6gleblmc.jpg

3_zpsf7fg60qh.jpg

4_zps5tkrtnu2.jpg

5_zpst0soyqi2.jpg

6_zpsjnqgufdc.jpg

7_zps1e0brl26.jpg

torch
9_zpscydhczpf.jpg

purple tip frogspawn
10_zps2jmronhh.jpg

purple hammer
11_zps3gbuo7ks.jpg

birds nest
12_zpslvxntjed.jpg

13_zpsokl1grep.jpg

been researching Banggai and how to spot a male / female since I would like to pair my current guy (I think) with a lady friend.

Was in the LFS for #WaterChangeWednesday and eyballed the Banggai tank for about 15minutes.

Brought this lovely lady (I think) home and we may have a winner!

Hope to have some mouth brooding action in the coming posts!!

20160815102138_IMG_5081-01_zpsewygyl3x.j

RIP Sebastian

been researching Banggai and how to spot a male / female since I would like to pair my current guy (I think) with a lady friend.

Was in the LFS for #WaterChangeWednesday and eyballed the Banggai tank for about 15minutes.

Brought this lovely lady (I think) home and we may have a winner!

Hope to have some mouth brooding action in the coming posts!!

20160815102138_IMG_5081-01_zpsewygyl3x.j

Looks great! I myself would like to breed Bangaii's.

Nick

Had no idea i captured 4) Hermits murdering an innocent snail until i posted that!
that makes 2) causalities, either for food or for a new home ... savage little devils!!

IMG_20160517_224724912_TOP-02_zpsbeofykj

• 2 weeks later...

About a week ago I had a diatom outbreak pop up practically overnight.
Took a sample and some pics up to my LFS and they told me not to sweat it much and that it was common in new tanks ... Sold me some Dr. Tim's Eco-Balance just told me to keep an eye on it.Half of the stuff was gone after just 1 dose and completely gone after the 3rd. My water is crystal clear now!

20160825170439_IMG_5143-01_zpsyjdfzdgm.j

IMG_20160605_173310009_zpshzibywrc.jpg

since things seem to be on the up and up, new pair of yellow trumpets and a cool favia i found in the $5 bargain bin

5678_zpsynibbitq.jpg

1234_zpswd328gyw.jpg

Fish #3
super shy Chalk Bass ... added him yesterday and he popped up long enough to get my cell phone out of my pocket, then vanished again.

IMG_20160610_175942022_zpspsrquogf.jpg

• 1 month later...

not too much new, a few zoa's red bubble tip, duncan, green and purple hammer, and orange torch.

tank is doing great and very happy with its progress in the 3 months it's been running!

3_zpscxlhfdvm.jpg

2_zpscx3uawjh.jpg

1_zpsukgno6um.jpg

Neat setup.. all the corals look happy.. did you see any aggression from the male bangaii after adding the new female.? I like to keep a bangaii pair as well but not sure about aggression between them..

Neat setup.. all the corals look happy.. did you see any aggression from the male bangaii after adding the new female.? I like to keep a bangaii pair as well but not sure about aggression between them..

none whatsoever.

She was pretty shy the first day or 2 and just hunkered down on the opposite side of the tank. once she started exploring and found him, they have been super tight. never more than an inch or two apart.

I have no plans on breeding them, but figured i would have had some mouth brooding by now? my parameters are very good and they eat well ... even noticed them doing the "dance" thing a few times, but nothing has come of it, yet.

They are neat fish, and VERY pretty for the money they cost IMO, but are not very exciting. the two of them just hang out in the same corner, fin to fin, and only poke around when the pump is off or for a few minutes when the lights go out. really don't even like to come out at feeding time ... i have to drop their food in their corner lol

orange / red'ish mushroom with blue spots

shroom_zpsalid5qad.jpg

and a ridiculous 2 week update on this duncan! more than doubled in size!

duncan_zpsrxkl3mlh.jpg

Archived