ReefCleaners.org

CenCal's 20L Shallow Reef Revamp: Update 11/11

Cencalfishguy56

Cencalfishguy56

Best solution for that is learn to cook quality food, it's much cheaper than going out, you can do exactly what you want without changing the menu items, and ladies looooove a man that can cook lol. They think it's more romantic...

.... Which is great because it's so much cheaper.

naw we cook together a lot actually, I'm really into fitness and clean eating so we are constantly thinking of new dishes, but tbh I do most of the cooking! Although she's cooked more and more over the years lol
  • Like 1

naw we cook together a lot actually, I'm really into fitness and clean eating so we are constantly thinking of new dishes, but tbh I do most of the cooking! Although she's cooked more and more over the years lol

top ramen don't count

53ed438d91fd73a13d5409a7e2ad9430fdc5cf47

• Like 4
Jackal_Knight

I am planning on getting an apex controller for my tank so I think I will go with the kessils. Thanks for the info about Facebook I will definitely be checking that out, that frog spawn looks awesome

Cencalfishguy56

I am planning on getting an apex controller for my tank so I think I will go with the kessils. Thanks for the info about Facebook I will definitely be checking that out, that frog spawn looks awesome

yea you'll be set bro, I know an apex even has more control then kessils controller, 559 saltwater reef club, 559 reef4all, and 559 reef saltwater buy/sell/trade are the pages I know of, thanks man he was moving so he said $50 then offered me an 8 head hammer for an additional $25 now I'm thinking I should have taken it lol
Cencalfishguy56

image_zpscvwxd7ql.jpeg Just a little teaser for y'all! A day glow bubble tip anemone, got it off a local reefer who buys wholesale for $60

Have had it for a week now and it's doing great so far

• Like 3

image_zpscvwxd7ql.jpeg Just a little teaser for y'all! A day glow bubble tip anemone, got it off a local reefer who buys wholesale for $60

Have had it for a week now and it's doing great so far

I am getting my nem from a local in about 2 weeks, cannot wait! definitely going to trap my clowns in a net breeder to make sure they get hosted

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

I am getting my nem from a local in about 2 weeks, cannot wait! definitely going to trap my clowns in a net breeder to make sure they get hosted

hell yea man! I'm gonna pick up another BTA when I get paid off another reefer lol
  • Like 1

Would not recommend unless it's a natural host for them, that method can end very badly from what I've read.

Would not recommend unless it's a natural host for them, that method can end very badly from what I've read.

I've read differently but none the less what nem do you recommend?

what can happen?

Well from what I've heard on RC, it can possibly end up with a dead pair of clowns if they aren't naturally hosted by that species of anemone, because they need time to adjust and become immune to the sting from that particular species. ie, a BTA cankill Occellaris clowns. Just what I've read, I didn't test it with my BTAs and clown.

I've read differently but none the less what nem do you recommend?

I would recommend BTA(s) actually simply because they are so easy to take care of and relatively reef safe, I just wouldn't recommend a basket method. You could do QT, then put the clowns in a 5-10G (cycled/stable) holding tank for a few weeks with your BTA, that should get them hosting without any risk.

The simplest way to go though is really just QT your clowns and then put them in the display with your BTA, they will usually find it and develop a hosting relationship over time, but there's no guarantee how fast, and there's a slight chance they won't. If you have a sump, then you could just plumb in a 5-10G tank to hold them with the BTA. In a basket they don't really have room to stay away from the BTA if they need to.

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

Well from what I've heard on RC, it can possibly end up with a dead pair of clowns if they aren't naturally hosted by that species of anemone, because they need time to adjust and become immune to the sting from that particular species. ie, a BTA cankill Occellaris clowns. Just what I've read, I didn't test it with my BTAs and clown.

I would recommend BTA(s) actually simply because they are so easy to take care of and relatively reef safe, I just wouldn't recommend a basket method. You could do QT, then put the clowns in a 5-10G (cycled/stable) holding tank for a few weeks with your BTA, that should get them hosting without any risk.

The simplest way to go though is really just QT your clowns and then put them in the display with your BTA, they will usually find it and develop a hosting relationship over time, but there's no guarantee how fast, and there's a slight chance they won't. If you have a sump, then you could just plumb in a 5-10G tank to hold them with the BTA. In a basket they don't really have room to stay away from the BTA if they need to.

hmm I guess that makes sense
Cencalfishguy56

I am picking up orange gel filter for my camera. I guess they help with blue leds a lot!

yea I plan on getting gel filters and a macro lens but just been lazy on actually ordering them lol
  • Like 2
Cencalfishguy56

The filters were like 6 buck and I ordered a cheap macro adapter for 15 hahaha. We'll see how things turn out!

yea ill probably jump on it this week lol

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

I keep telling myself that when it comes to running....

lol just do it, I used to be a gym rat but been lazy since last semester so I'm not so big now haha but I feel like I'm getting fat so I need to get back in the gym

lol just do it, I used to be a gym rat but been lazy since last semester so I'm not so big now haha but I feel like I'm getting fat so I need to get back in the gym

Saaaame.... winter term was bad. Also I just hate my schools gym too many communication majors aka football majors.

Cencalfishguy56

Saaaame.... winter term was bad. Also I just hate my schools gym too many communication majors aka football majors.

lol too many frat assholes in mine so I go to a local one mostly

how's the tang?

took it back for store credit decided I want to do a bunch of smaller fish so I freed up some real estate but I really want a blue tang now lol
  • Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

Awesome! Kessil for lighting?

yes sir! I wanna add another but I like having the very edges shadowed, I like the effect
  • Like 2