Pod Your Reef

Need Lighting Help 36 Inch Tank

billybatz9

Hello,

I have a biocube 29 gallon with rapidled, but want to tear it down and get an IM nuvo fusion 30L. Picking one up actually on Wednesday for $300 (tank and stand with 2 inTank Media baskets).

MY only problem is what can I do about lighting? What would go well on this size tank? I want to grow everything. Also, do you think it's a good deal?

TheKleinReef

ATI sun power 6 or 8 bulb. One of NanoBox Reef's LED or hybrids.

I have a 36x20x20 and I use an ATI 6x39W Sunpower. I love it. Can't see myself changing it ever.

Then again the NanoBox hybrids have been intriguing me, but the $$$$$

Caravanshaka

on that tank, I ran a 4x39w ATI sunpower and it was plenty of light for SPS on the sand. a nanobox quad would be good as well, but for the money, it is hard to beat the ATI

• 2 weeks later...
Caravanshaka

nanobox v3 pucks if you are going to DIY something. It has great color rendering and covers all the spectrums you need, on one easy to use puck.

Salty Pickle

on that tank, I ran a 4x39w ATI sunpower and it was plenty of light for SPS on the sand. a nanobox quad would be good as well, but for the money, it is hard to beat the ATI

Sorry, don't mean to highjack, just a quick question. How high of the water line were you this the ATI fixture?

masterbuilder

I think you're getting an OK deal. I would go with a 6 lamp ATI. Might not be as sexy as LEDS but it's a no brainer setup. I run a high end LED over my 18" cube and even though my colors are really nice, my growth is very slow. Not an uncommon problem.

Caravanshaka

Sorry, don't mean to highjack, just a quick question. How high of the water line were you this the ATI fixture?

8-10" is where I had it.

a 6 bulb will be too wide front to back for that tank, you'll be lighting the floor and the filtration with the front and back bulbs.

Archived