Top Shelf Aquatics

Drilling a IM Fusion Lagoon 25G

iHexBot

I know, you all think I am crazy, who would drill an AIO IM fusion lagoon 25G? Me, and yes, I am crazy. I have never installed my own drain pipe and return line...so my question is...what size pipes should I use for the drain pipe and return line and what size hole should I drill? If there are any good articles regarding this information or any wise words people would like to share I am all ears.

I would run at least a 1" drain and probably a 1/2" return. As for the hole size I am not sure but can measure the bits later and let you know.

And as for being nuts :lol: I am planning on making my 20 fusion a non AIO here soon........so yes drilling and putting a sump under it. Looking forward to the extra room it will have without the false wall........

i pulled the wall and drilled a 12 gallon JBJ, it was a great little tank 1 inch drain pipe with a glass holes overflow. I would use a straight silicone to the back of the glass overflow. I cracked the tank when i moved I didnt take the overflow and the down pipe got bumped too hard , the back wall cracked...

I'd use a 1" drain and a 3/4" return. BRS has the bulkhead sizes list with their bits so you know which bulkheads to get for that hole size.

Go ahead .. I was thinking that is I get this tank I would either move the acrylic wall to either make the back chambers bigger or remove the acrylic wall and drill it ...

I think it will look sweet !!

Go ahead .. I was thinking that is I get this tank I would either move the acrylic wall to either make the back chambers bigger or remove the acrylic wall and drill it ...

I think it will look sweet !!

No need to, they now sell this. It's the same thing except it's not an AIO and much much cheaper. Had they offered this when I bought my tank I would have purchased it instead...

StrainedSky

No need to, they now sell this. It's the same thing except it's not an AIO and much much cheaper. Had they offered this when I bought my tank I would have purchased it instead...

Also the glass isn't low iron.

Also the glass isn't low iron.

What Strained Sky said :angry: sucks you think they could at least use the low iron glass......otherwise I would be all over those new black series tanks.

You can't tell the different of clarity between low iron and regular on a 1/4 inch glass, if it's an 1/2 or thicker now thats different.

I took the back chamber off my nuvo 20 in an hour it's a piece of cake, 3 more inch made the tank a lot nicer. I just build another tank from scratch it's 36x15x14 peninsula style so I might use that nuvo20 for a sump.

You can't tell the different of clarity between low iron and regular on a 1/4 inch glass, if it's an 1/2 or thicker now thats different.

I took the back chamber off my nuvo 20 in an hour it's a piece of cake, 3 more inch made the tank a lot nicer. I just build another tank from scratch it's 36x15x14 peninsula style so I might use that nuvo20 for a sump.

Maybe but I sure can tell a difference on the clear and black silicone ;) and the clear is fugly looking to me.

Archived