Cultivated Reef

Introducing AquaMaxx NemoLight LED Fixtures

Marine Depot

Marine Depot

nemolight.jpg

Introducing AquaMaxx NemoLight LED Light Fixtures

"By delivering features that users really need and stripping away everything they don’t, the NemoLight LED promises powerful value in an easy to use strip light." — Jake Adams, Reef Builders

"All the models are extremely stylish, built from a sleek 1/2" aluminum unibody." — Leonard Ho, Advanced Aquarist

HIGHLIGHTS

• Slim, elegant and powerful
  • Up to 50% more output than the competition
  • Only 1/2" thick with full aluminum unibody design
  • Full spectrum with white, blue, green and yellow LEDs
  • Built-in controller with dawn/dusk, thunderstorm and moonlight features
  • Includes adjustable tank mounting legs (hanging kit sold separately)
  • Saltwater and Freshwater/Refugium models available

AquaMaxx-NemoLight-AquaMarine-24-36-Inch

AquaMaxx-NemoLight-AquaMarine-Nano-LED-F

FIRST LOOK AT AQUAMAXX NEMOLIGHTS

• 4 weeks later...
Marine Depot

I have the 24" AquaMaxx NemoLight over a 38 Gallon Innovative Marine NUVO aquarium.

I started the tank in August 2015 and added the NemoLight September-ish.

Aside from a handful of mushrooms, the rest of the corals came to me as frags from coworkers.

nemolight%20jeff.jpg

NemoLight%20Jeff%202.jpg

Here are some growth shots:

NemoLight%20Jeff%203.jpg

nemolight%20jeff%204.jpg

nemolight%20jeff%208.jpg

nemolight%20jeff%205.jpg

nemolight%20jeff%206.jpg

nemolight%20jeff%209.jpg

• Like 1
Marine Depot

Great work! I was wondering about these myself. They look great and especially for the price point.

Thank you! I really like the look and simplicity (control) of the light. It's definitely exceeded my expectations. I was considering higher priced lighting until I got the opportunity to be a beta tester for this fixture.

Cencalfishguy56

Thank you! I really like the look and simplicity (control) of the light. It's definitely exceeded my expectations. I was considering higher priced lighting until I got the opportunity to be a beta tester for this fixture.

have any shots with one over a refugium?
  • Like 1
Marine Depot

have any shots with one over a refugium?

I just emailed two customers who reviewed the freshwater/refugium light version to see if they can snap one for us. :)

Cencalfishguy56

I just emailed two customers who reviewed the freshwater/refugium light version to see if they can snap one for us. :)

awesome keep me updated! Really interested in one of these
  • Like 1
Marine Depot

awesome keep me updated! Really interested in one of these

One responded that they will be sending over a photo. fingerscrossed

Cencalfishguy56

He sent not one, but 25 photos! Here is the link.

13000274_888956147882457_657003443234283

13015484_888959114548827_164356952022470

now that is one sexy fuge light, unfortunately all my tank money for this period just went to a coral order but one of these are on my list, you guys should setup one of the aquamaxx rimless tanks with the bigger version and do a little video, think it would look pretty cool

• Like 1
Marine Depot

now that is one sexy fuge light, unfortunately all my tank money for this period just went to a coral order but one of these are on my list, you guys should setup one of the aquamaxx rimless tanks with the bigger version and do a little video, think it would look pretty cool

Thank you for the suggestion. If it were up to me, all our videos would be tank builds! I will pass your recommendation along to the video team.

Here is a video we just put up about the lights for anyone who may be interested.

• Like 2
Cencalfishguy56

Thank you for the suggestion. If it were up to me, all our videos would be tank builds! I will pass your recommendation along to the video team.

Here is a video we just put up about the lights for anyone who may be interested.

sweet little light, does aquamaxx ever not make great products??? all kinds of winning lol

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
Marine Depot

Thinking of buying the 18W for a 14x14x14 tank.. Will it be enough for Anemones..

Bubble Tip Anemones in that shallow tank will do fine under the NemoLight. BTAs also tend to stay on the rocks in one spot, which other anemones often do not.
We would discourage you from putting a Carpet or Long Tentacle Anemone in there.

Will the 18w nano work with a Fusion 10? Seems like the baffles in the back might interfere with the clamp.

If not would a Kessil 160 with the gooseneck work?

• Like 1
Marine Depot

Will the 18w nano work with a Fusion 10? Seems like the baffles in the back might interfere with the clamp.

If not would a Kessil 160 with the gooseneck work?

Both will work. The rimless Fusion 10 can actually accommodate a wide of variety of clamp-on style lights.

Example (this is IM's own light, but just to give you an idea of how it looks/works):

Innovative-Marine-10-Gallon-NUVO-Fusion-

brad65ford

Got this little bad boy coming to replace (get this) a 160 kessil on my 10g fusion. Looks like the only issue with this light is the programming which is cumbersome to say the lease.

-There is no setting of the time itself?

-If so i'm assuming you have to start programming at the time of when you want it to start?

-Can you change to have the blues be on full for an hour before and an hour after or does this not allow you to pick timing between white and blues?

Thanks in advanced,
Brad

• Like 1
Marine Depot

Got this little bad boy coming to replace (get this) a 160 kessil on my 10g fusion. Looks like the only issue with this light is the programming which is cumbersome to say the lease.

-There is no setting of the time itself?

-If so i'm assuming you have to start programming at the time of when you want it to start?

-Can you change to have the blues be on full for an hour before and an hour after or does this not allow you to pick timing between white and blues?

Thanks in advanced,

Brad

1) Correct, there is no display screen where you can tell the light to start at 8 am (for example).
2) Also correct. If you turned the light on in the morning and press the “12H” button at 8 am, the NemoLight will switch to moonlight mode at 8 pm by default then back on to daylight mode at 8 am the next day.
3) Yes, I have my NemoLight set up exactly this way (1 hour of blue in the am; 1 hour of blue in the pm; 10 hours of daylight; 12 hours of moonlight). The manual explains how to set that up in Step 3.
brad65ford

Sounds good, a few more questions if and comments if i may.

- If I were to run your same schedule which is the norm for my takes (9 or 10 hours both on and 1 hour on before and after of just blues) When would I have to start the program timing? Would it be when the blues turn on our the whites?

-Reading the notes at the end of the manual i'm a little confused regarding restarting the light schedule if power is removed / unplugged etc.. It saves your settings but you need to restart it at the correct (specific said) time again?

If the above is correct, one would admit that is pretty bad of programming functions for a nice light, this unit needs to have a clock built into it. Sorry just saying its just a shame if its a good light and very poor timer function. How many people want to remind themselves to turn back on their light on at a specific time of the day if the power goes out or you unplug the unit, thats not enjoyable or user friendly. Also i believe this unit can not be used with a wall timer as well since it will not turn on by itself, is that correct? Would love to use this light for on/off function with a timer with out the factory timer if it would just say on. Please don't take this as im poo pooing this light heck i just ordered one but i've been reefing for 14 years and i've used timers like this and they are honestly horrible, may return it when it comes in.

• Like 1
Marine Depot

Sounds good, a few more questions if and comments if i may.

- If I were to run your same schedule which is the norm for my takes (9 or 10 hours both on and 1 hour on before and after of just blues) When would I have to start the program timing? Would it be when the blues turn on our the whites?

-Reading the notes at the end of the manual i'm a little confused regarding restarting the light schedule if power is removed / unplugged etc.. It saves your settings but you need to restart it at the correct (specific said) time again?

If the above is correct, one would admit that is pretty bad of programming functions for a nice light, this unit needs to have a clock built into it. Sorry just saying its just a shame if its a good light and very poor timer function. How many people want to remind themselves to turn back on their light on at a specific time of the day if the power goes out or you unplug the unit, thats not enjoyable or user friendly. Also i believe this unit can not be used with a wall timer as well since it will not turn on by itself, is that correct? Would love to use this light for on/off function with a timer with out the factory timer if it would just say on. Please don't take this as im poo pooing this light heck i just ordered one but i've been reefing for 14 years and i've used timers like this and they are honestly horrible, may return it when it comes in.

Happy to help!
Here is how I set mine up. I started by just placing the light over my tank and adjusting the blues/whites to get them where I liked them. I dialed back the whites in the beginning since I was using a less powerful LED strip light before the NemoLight. Once I got the colors where I liked them, the following morning I set the timer to basic 12 hour on/off functionality. Then, over the weekend, I programmed the sunrise/sunset schedule.
I should point out you can adjust the light (day/lunar) intensities whenever you want. It's not going to throw off the timer or sunrise/sunset programming you've set.
Your programming settings are saved if the power goes out, but you do have to start the timer over again by pressing the 12H button when you want the photoperiod to start. My local energy company, Edison, has turned off our power a couple of times for maintenance in the 9 months I've had the NemoLight. I haven't found hitting the button the next morning to be an inconvenience. The tank is dark (no moonlights) so I suppose that has been my reminder. You could always connect the light to a battery backup of some sort if you're worried. I run a battery backup with my VorTech and I love the peace of mind.
tmhasara, another Nano-Reef.com member, said he is using a mechanical outlet timer on the NemoLight (although we hope to help him program the light so he doesn't have to). We haven't tried it ourselves.
I agree the light would be better with a display, but even without it, I still consider it to be the best aquarium light I've owned. I like the simplicity to "set it and forget it." I may differ from some of our other team members in that regard, since many of my colleagues use more sophisticated lights with all the bells & whistles. The Maxspect Razor has a similar form factor with the timer built right in, but it's a lot more expensive and may be more powerful than you need (although you can always dial it back).
Should you decide the NemoLight isn't for you, no worries! Here is how to return an item. Please let me know if you have any more questions. :)
Marine Depot

We just got this light.

How do you know what percentage of light you are at when increasing?

Each time you press the +/- button it increases/decreases the light intensity by 5%. You will hear a long beep sound when you reach the maximum/minimum intensity. The light fixture defaults to 100% for both blue and white channels when powered on for the first time.

• Recommended Discussions