Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sprites SPS 40b (leak)now a jbj20L with no aio wall

sprite

lilmatty5dimes

Good to hear the colors are improving. Those aren't bad numbers. I would be afraid to go down any more. Buddy is bringing a few frags over tomorrow with a par meter and we're going to see how the radium bulb is.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my new frags today

RR Olympus

20160812_141607-01_zpsys2mq5ut.jpeg

The tips just glow purple

Taken with S7

20160812_141914_zpspgfw3mmg.jpg

Good to hear the colors are improving. Those aren't bad numbers. I would be afraid to go down any more. Buddy is bringing a few frags over tomorrow with a par meter and we're going to see how the radium bulb is.

I have mine in a lumenbright mini wide and get 250-300 on the sand. Outside of the reflector drops off pretty bad in my opinion. What reflector are you running?

looks great! 2 questions- 1, what do you feed? 2, how do you keep the frag plugs so clean? Algae seems to love frag plugs in my tank and half the time ends up killing them

Thank you! I feed the fish frozen brine. The corals get the aquaforest line. Don't laugh, but I'm ocd when it comes to my plugs. Whenever they need it, I'll take a soft toothbrush and clean them. Lol

lilmatty5dimes

I have mine in a lumenbright mini wide and get 250-300 on the sand. Outside of the reflector drops off pretty bad in my opinion. What reflector are you running?

I'm just running a old Hamilton that's about 16" above the water. My buddy who's trading me a bunch of z&ps has a par meter so I'll get so details on how much I'm getting. He's also got a Pikachu acro and beach bum that I'm getting as well but he doesn't want me to burn them since his tank only gets about 250-300par at the very top. He's a chalice horder. Lol

Awesome, and still halide, right?

Thanks Mark..yes but went to a 400w radium instead of 250w. The 250 just wasn't cutting it on the edges. The 400w is raised a bit high and i get good par at the edges of my Rockwork now and about 200 on the sand directly under bulb

• 2 weeks later...

Right after I started the aefw battle,this foxflame bleached on me after about the second dip. I was sure I would lose it, so I only dipped it once a week real quick. The last month it had been making its comeback and encrusting like mad. I can see the yellow finally showing up on the tips but body is still brownish.

20160824_211322-01_zpsxmovkkjn.jpeg

I have been thinking a lot lately about pulling my sand bed. Today I think I'm going to start the process. I'm ocd about keeping it clean and stirring it every couple days just isn't keeping it like I want it. At least with bottom I can control it better.

Thank you..everything is looking better by the day, except my wwc ding dang, is lost polyp extension the last few days and nothing had changed that I can tell

Mark, he had 6"+ branches of pc rainbow for 60$. Oregon torts 50$ for 1-2 inches and some nice maricultered for 75 a piece or buy 2 get one free

Mark, he had 6"+ branches of pc rainbow for 60$. Oregon torts 50$ for 1-2 inches and some nice maricultered for 75 a piece or buy 2 get one free

Wow. 1 hour trip there and back, oh boy. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Where did your 40b spring a leak? How old is it? Mine scares the shit out of me. The glass bows slightly and seems like the glass should be thicker. Sorry ti hear that :(

Archived