Top Shelf Aquatics

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

Tank is looking lovely, congratulations on the spawning event :).

Thank You. I would love it if I had tons of babies and I was successful at rearing them so I could give a nem to everyone that helped me get this tank going again here.

• Like 4

Thank You. I would love it if I had tons of babies and I was successful at rearing them so I could give a nem to everyone that helped me get this tank going again here.

I approve of this idea :lol:

• Like 2

Fed the nems again, they were hungry, and so was Gertie and the 6line and the clowns in the 10g.

Me, I'm not hungry. Glad I ate before because Dead or Alive singer Pete Burns died at 57 of Cardiac Arrest. His is some of the music that led me away, thankfull,y from Top 40 & onto weirder more exciting music. THANK YOU FOR BEING DIFFERENT!!!

:tears:

Wow! Awesome growth! Everything looks so beautiful.

I just look at the large rfa from you and think, I'm gonna have to remove some things from this tank to have room as they grow. Might mean a future change up for Gertie's tank, less natural and more rock structures. I hope/if when I have babies, they find their way and climb onto the rocks, I have room for them there.

Beautiful.

Thank You. I can't wait til I now who all the female and male are. I'm really looking forward to putting the fish back in for 1/1.17

• Like 2

My big green seemed very happy in the exact same corner in my tank for a couple months. Then for no apparent reason, she started climbing all over the rocks.

I hope all of yours get that big :D

• Like 2

My big green seemed very happy in the exact same corner in my tank for a couple months. Then for no apparent reason, she started climbing all over the rocks.

I hope all of yours get that big :D

I wonder....when they are that big, they'll be pushing to get out of the way I think to find a different spot. I do worry about space when that happens, but I guess to start I could later put the leathers in the back row of the tank for one. That dead skeleton of the gorg may be replaced by me placing the branching gsp on it. Lights went out in tank an hour ago. This is how much it has grown since being just a 2 inch nub.

20161030_000608_zpsapm47box.jpg

20161030_000649_zpsuvr6mfhr.jpg

20161014_184315_zps0x713xef.jpg

It would be cool if the fingers just jettisoned into the center of the tank, don't ya think???

• Like 8

Just some pics. 4/20/16

20160420_183829_zpsu86vw4er.jpg

Today..... None yet are moving really to get more room.

20161028_210612_zpsh57ft6ad.jpg

20161028_210837_zpszt5d0hpe.jpg

So how do you get hem to stay in line like that :lol: mine move all around.........

• Like 2

So how do you get hem to stay in line like that :lol: mine move all around.........

I don't know, I haven't done anything. Maybe it's because they sense each other, Not like having 1 or 2 and they maybe go for a walk to find any other nems to be social???? One has moved since I took the pic. There's a nem on the smaller end, the one w/ light white striping squeezed itself between that bright green one its neighbor., But seriously, when they get as big as teenyreef's nem I'll be wondering how to rearrange the tank! That big one is 4.5" already, all the others are half the size or smaller. There are many separate rocks I have in there for one reason or another.

And Spectra, why am I not following any threads of yours? Which link can I check out your tank(s)????

• Like 2

I don't know, I haven't done anything. Maybe it's because they sense each other, Not like having 1 or 2 and they maybe go for a walk to find any other nems to be social???? One has moved since I took the pic. There's a nem on the smaller end, the one w/ light white striping squeezed itself between that bright green one its neighbor., But seriously, when they get as big as teenyreef's nem I'll be wondering how to rearrange the tank! That big one is 4.5" already, all the others are half the size or smaller. There are many separate rocks I have in there for one reason or another.

And Spectra, why am I not following any threads of yours? Which link can I check out your tank(s)????

Well you have posted in my lagoon thread......and I do have an RFA tank and that's it. The beater is still running but hopefully coming down soon.

I did add a couple RFAs yesterday from gotcorals.

• Like 3

So I decided to move the branching gsp off the left side substrate and onto the rock w/ the gorg skeleton. It looks great up there and provided me w/ more room on the left side. And I moved the green mushrooms too. Not sure of their permanent location. The divide, often my friend said. And within a month of me getting them, one already split into 2.

20161030_162944_zpswvi4njco.jpg

20161030_162952_zps3sasjvgw.jpg

• Like 3

And can someone tell me what these are. I have a few tiny colonies. They're cute, tiny, and i love that they're natural along w/ the rose coral and clam on the opposite side.

20161029_173858_zpsr34ityih.jpg

YAYYYY

I need to read what happened I just read the title!

In short, I know I have 5 males now. They spawned on 10/16 so in 4 more weeks I hope to see babies. Hopefully next male spawning comes around I'll get to discover if I have any more males.

• Like 1

And can someone tell me what these are. I have a few tiny colonies. They're cute, tiny, and i love that they're natural along w/ the rose coral and clam on the opposite side.

Majano anemones? :wacko:

I don't know, you see all those old back bones around it. Do majanos have back bones?

I dont know! Never had them. Just reminded me of photos I've seen online, you should look up some photos of Majanos and see if they match whats in the tank

They are green/blue in the center and brown on the outside, come out of a skeleton like candy cane coral. I didn't see anything about majanos having skeletons.

In short, I know I have 5 males now. They spawned on 10/16 so in 4 more weeks I hope to see babies. Hopefully next male spawning comes around I'll get to discover if I have any more males.

They are cute! But they look nothing like the pictures of majanos I've seen. I'm too new to the hobby to really give any input though.

• Like 1

And can someone tell me what these are. I have a few tiny colonies. They're cute, tiny, and i love that they're natural along w/ the rose coral and clam on the opposite side. 20161029_173858_zpsr34ityih.jpg In short, I know I have 5 males now. They spawned on 10/16 so in 4 more weeks I hope to see babies. Hopefully next male spawning comes around I'll get to discover if I have any more males.

Beautiful!! They're hidden cup corals!! Lucky!!

Yay for spawning! Everything looks wonderful!

• Like 2

Beautiful!! They're hidden cup corals!! Lucky!!

Yay for spawning! Everything looks wonderful!

Thanks! Well, now I have to look those up. I have them in 2 places on that rock and starting to come in on another rock.

• Like 2