Coral Vue Hydros

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

I trade stuff all the time. A few corals for this or that and everyone walks away with something they want or need.

Nice! I don't ever have much to trade. My club here, no one wanted to buy a Grandis Paly single for $20. If you went online you'd pay 25-30 for one head and still pay shipping. I just gave the most beautiful paly to my friend Randi.

For this tank I just need tubing down to the skimmer, a skimmer, thinking the Reef Octoput BH-50 as it's the smallest and $125, pump and hose up to return. I don't like the last curved put of the output spout. It was glued in so I'll have to replace it any way but I need to see what else they have at Lowes. Even if I buy the same thing, I'd rather turn the head of it so instead of blasting down, I can turn it so it goes across the top of the water more opposite what the little Hydor Koralia will put out.

20170114_194952_zpsrryg9nwe.jpg

• Like 2

Is it quiet? Do I really need 845GPH? Isn't that overkill?

They are quiet but are adjustable so you can tune the flow to your liking. Also they have a feed mode on them for a 10 or 15 min shut off period.

I run one on my garage tank and run it at 3/4 power. Works good and have not had any issues with it. I should probably clean it but.....

• Like 1

Is it quiet? Do I really need 845GPH? Isn't that overkill?

You can turn it way down and don't forget the head pressure will take a bit of that away as well. I use the DCS4000, 8000 and 12000 pumps on my tanks. The 3000 does the 57 and 50 cubes quite well. If you're going to run a reactor of some sort you'll lose a little there too. All of mine are dead quiet, they get noisy when they need to be cleaned. Same with the CoralBox skimmers, love them as well.

• Like 1

They are quiet but are adjustable so you can tune the flow to your liking. Also they have a feed mode on them for a 10 or 15 min shut off period.

I run one on my garage tank and run it at 3/4 power. Works good and have not had any issues with it. I should probably clean it but.....

You can turn it way down and don't forget the head pressure will take a bit of that away as well. I use the DCS4000, 8000 and 12000 pumps on my tanks. The 3000 does the 57 and 50 cubes quite well. If you're going to run a reactor of some sort you'll lose a little there too. All of mine are dead quiet, they get noisy when they need to be cleaned. Same with the CoralBox skimmers, love them as well.

Ok, awesome, I saw that it turned down after I made the comments.

I just returned from Lowes with a Quart of Matte Black primer & paint in one. I already had a door & cabinet small roller, & pan.

Guy told me 2 coats will do it. I also got a small brush for indented trim at the top. I had 4 leftover brushed nickel cabinet knobs from the previous apt with my husband at the time. I kept them, just need to find them. And great part is that those are the same knobs they put on my kitchen cabinets.

• Like 2

It's been a quiet, relaxing day. Today's my birthday and I went bowling and had a few beverages last night. Got home about 3am so naturally I didn't get up today til uh, 1pm. Just fed my nems tank. Everyone's happy. The clowns and longnose love the little bits that fly off the long tweezers.

• Like 2

I'm wondering now if I really need a skimmer. I mean I have Gert's 20 and it does not have a skimmer and it's fine.

It's going to only hold like 8 gallons in the top and 4 in the bottom.

I know it'll start slow w/ not many nems in there, but later I'd like it to hold all nems after like the first 1.5 mos after they're born. I'm gonna start without one and see how it goes. I can still though put carbon & such in a hob filter on the sump.

• Like 2

I agree on the skimmer. I never had one on my 20 and the 10 gallon nem tank I have now is skimmer less. I just keep up on small water changes and has seemed to work.

And Happy Birthday!

• Like 1

That's great cuz there wouldn't be any room. as I see now. The rock I have in the 10 will be plenty. I think I at least need a sock to catch excess and break the sound of water entry.

Got a 5.5g. It only fits that way, not left to right.

20170116_182549_zpsnxrc4coj.jpg

It's like 16 long, 8.5 wide and 10 .5 deep.

20170116_182601_zpsnrw0is2r.jpg

Also got the smallest bag at Petco I could find but still chunky, 20 lbs. It was the chunkiest I found there. All I need is 1/2"

20170116_200329_zpsfarqizmq.jpg

I'm going to use this clip on fixture w/ bulb for the refugium for opposite day schedule.

20170116_211241_zpszxlff9s3.jpg

And look, my friends bought me 5 scarlets for my birthday!!!!

20170116_184212_zpsehuutzws.jpg

20170116_184444_zpsfyguzsdb.jpg

20170116_184224_zpsxlogozdp.jpg

20170116_184135_zpsubpgg8zr.jpg

And look! I never saw this baby before. I don't know if she crawled out from somewhere or what but she's white and cute so far.

20170116_195952_zps9fucdmjr.jpg

• Like 4

So today, I found the white rfa but none of the 3 large ones. I don't know where they went. I was home today so I painted.

I didn't put the tarp down so I'll finish the bottom when it's dry and I can flip it. Only 1 coat so far. And I'm still looking for the brushed nickel knob. Probably easier for me just to buy one next time I go to Lowes to pick up the tubing & such.

20170117_191401_zpswe434mu6.jpg

20170117_191416_zpsufsvl1jl.jpg

You can see the knob on the kitchen cabinets over there.

• Like 2

Happy belated birthday pretty lady!

Thank You. I appreciate it.

Oh, and Friday I get the Corky Finger Gorgonian in the mail and tomorrow I get my rock flowers! Yey!

• Like 3

Happy belated birthday and the new frag tank is coming along great!

Can't wait to see the Corky Finger Gorgonian. I always wanted one cuz they are so fluffy.

Thanks. I hope it'll be ok, sent out tomorrow and I'm supposed to get it Fri. I'm going to put it immediately to the left of the fluffy branching gsp. Where there's a frag temporarily.

20170107_150351_zpswozxj4j6.jpg

I don't know where the largest 3 rock flowers went. I hate that. One night there are 2, the next day I see one and the others are ???? I'll feel better once I have this nursery going, there will be no rocks in the display area, so they'll have moving around the space.

• Like 1

Oh, the folks that drove 2.5 hrs from Charlotte to get to my house to buy my shallow 60g, they made it look wonderful and they're even taking great pics under the Maxspect so I'm glad it worked out for them. This was like 1.5 yrs ago now.

Old60_zpszmoy3wna.jpg

• Like 5

Do you wish you still had that tank?

Pic looks nice!

No, it was was so long and wide that actually getting the flow right was difficult. And while I had cyanodinodamnitall, my friend had the opposite issue with hers- green algae across everything. She has an MP whatever and I had the Jebao series but I also don't think the overflow in the back corner worked the best and I didn't want my flow going in a circle.

my RFAs hug the glass like that too. i want to move them so bad!

So move it, slide a credit card under & give it a harder push and it'll give. Mine were fine, then they grew more and half of it ended up bending up along the glass. I don't mind really.

Looks great, Annette! Your old tank too. I love all the LPS in there :wub:.

Yea, I'm so glad it worked out for them and yep, they use a filter cuz it's hard to take pics under the Maxspect.

• Like 2