Coral Vue Hydros

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

Not a one I don't covet. Great additions!

If there's one critter in the trade that will get me to break my "no online livestock purchases" rule, it'd be rock flower anemones... we just don't get those kind of patterns & color variations here in Atlanta, despite being right next door to Florida.

You don't help. :)

• Like 1

Wow, those are beautiful!

I know, right? I hadn't seen anything like the first 3. To me, even bicolor nems can be absolutely breathtaking. But now I have to start paying down my credit cards. If something happened to my car, I wouldn't have room to make used car payments even. It just is so hard to say no when you're not seen a certain pattern or color combination before. Goodnight everyone. I've stayed up too late and tomorrow I have to leave earlier to go to work.

Not a one I don't covet. Great additions!

If there's one critter in the trade that will get me to break my "no online livestock purchases" rule, it'd be rock flower anemones... we just don't get those kind of patterns & color variations here in Atlanta, despite being right next door to Florida.

You don't help. :)

I've only seen one shop over 2 hrs away that had some ugly ones. They didn't look good at all. I asked, do you feed them? They looked downtrodden.

Hahahahahaha. I appreciate you sharing with me about your baby nems. One day here I'll drive to Atlanta, pick ya up & we'll head to see the new VIPReef shop.

• Like 1

Would love to someday make the trek to VIP reefs shop... but that's one heck of a jaunt to go browsing (19 hours as the map googles!). Of course, if I showed up in tow with you they'd probably roll out the red carpet, canapes and champagne. :D But that's likely for a day for when I have a new aquarium to fill - kinda running low on space in the 9 gallon cube.

Although I AM thinking about selling off my one surviving/thriving ricordea florida and turning that area into sandbed space for a couple more RFAs and maybe some acans an inch or two up the rockscape. Weirdest thing, all of them but one (the ricordea floridas) have just been wasting away over the past few months. No changes to lighting, feeding or water chemistry (that I track) to speak of. Everything else in the tank is growing like crazy.

As for the Spanish? Just a smattering I picked up when my wife and I took a trip to San Miguel ... funny how after you start learning a new language bits and pieces come to you before your native one. I would consider myself just fluent enough to order a beer and thank the server for it.

So sorry to read about the personal/family health troubles... hopefully things'll turn around soon - you're due it. B)

• Like 1

I just went to therapy. 5 more nems have been purchased from my favorite!

DSC_8166__04038.1484267061.220.290_zpsvv

DSC_8115__06083.1484270460.220.290_zpsbw

DSC_8160__06042.1484267121.220.290_zpsjf

DSC_8156__55637.1484271326.220.290_zps8w

DSC_8154__07424.1484267222.220.290_zpspn

While I have 2 pinks already I wanted to increase my chances of making pink some day. After the first female spawning I have an abundance of yellow/green, orange/red, & a few whites, those 2 with purplish tentacles and then my first baby with green tentacles. I hope my ladies give me some babies tonight or sometime this week. I really look forward to the discovery! It gives me...something to take care of. Gives me purpose and joy.

Those are beauties!!!!

• Like 1

Sometimes just talking to someone s the best medicine of all. My dad is taking care of my mom since her back issues have just about rendered here a paraplegic.

• Like 1

Would love to someday make the trek to VIP reefs shop... but that's one heck of a jaunt to go browsing (19 hours as the map googles!). Of course, if I showed up in tow with you they'd probably roll out the red carpet, canapes and champagne. :D But that's likely for a day for when I have a new aquarium to fill - kinda running low on space in the 9 gallon cube.

Ok, now that's funny, red carpet, canapes & champagne!

• Like 1

Those are beauties!!!!

They are Rachel- really caught my eye. The top one of course but then the 2nd one, I've never seen purple tentacles on a pink nem, I've rarely seen any purple as it is so it catches my eye whether it's purple, blue, etc. So like the navy blue w/ the more blue stripes on yellow background. haven't seen the combination. And I absolutely love the light patch of blue in the royal blue w/ green around it. And the last one, ,always pretty when orange and pink collide in same nem.

Sometimes just talking to someone s the best medicine of all. My dad is taking care of my mom since her back issues have just about rendered here a paraplegic.

Oh my, sorry to hear, I bet it's hard on your dad. When you see your spouse changing, it is really hard and I know my mom's back is getting worse but she's had to take care of my dad so she doesn't have time to take care of her own needs so she hurts even more.

Nice haul. Those new nems are beautiful.

Speedy recovery to you and dad.

Thanks. I was pleased to see him smiling sometimes & doing a little nagging on my mom, means he's getting better!!! I hope to soon be scheduled for the outpatient procedure. They haven't called me yet.

• Like 1

It's here! My friend is going to help me stain it so it matches my darker woods. 18 x 18 x 8 and it's thick glass 6/16".

20170113_191224_zpstmxwuaog.jpg

20170113_191910_zpstegnuaw6.jpg

20170113_190728_zpsbjxyhtf1.jpg

The stand is 17" wide, the 10g is 21 long so that won't work unless I have it sitting on 2 flat rectangular pavers or something and have the back sitting out, which could be fine, it's in back I won't care.

20170113_191858_zpsbsvoctzv.jpg

I'll use my Par 38, the heater, and flow from the 10g. My angel is being rehomed. I'll have to sell the bta. Giving my mushrooms to my friend too. I'll keep the shrimp and urchins to keep the sump clean.

• Like 6

Ok pics wont show on the nems............I am sure they are nice though.

Hope all goes great with you and the family sorry to hear.

And 6/16s :blink: we need to get you tape reading lessons ;) looks like 3/8s or so might even be half from the looks of it. Nice tank!

• Like 1

Ok pics wont show on the nems............I am sure they are nice though.

Hope all goes great with you and the family sorry to hear.

And 6/16s :blink: we need to get you tape reading lessons ;) looks like 3/8s or so might even be half from the looks of it. Nice tank!

Yeah, I forgot to reduce by common denominator. 3/8". haha.

• Like 4

That's a cute little tank! Your floors sure look gorgeous. How are they holding up for you? I've always wondered about those types of floors. They are supposed to be even better than real wood. We went with real wood for our bedroom to match the rest of the house.

• Like 1

It's wonderful! The laminate floor is awesome. I had a mistake putting too much floss one morning into Gert's tank, came home and had 5g of water on the floor. Sitting on it, I quick panicked and got bathroom towels to sop it up. It never came up, never buckled. It was drenched, not spotted, it was puddle from couch to entertainment stand, under treadmill. It holds up so well. Hagen's nails and running have not scratched it. Whereas my neighbor has a little yorkie and has scratched up his wood floor.

That's a cute little tank! Your floors sure look gorgeous. How are they holding up for you? I've always wondered about those types of floors. They are supposed to be even better than real wood. We went with real wood for our bedroom to match the rest of the house.

• Like 3

It's wonderful! The laminate floor is awesome. I had a mistake putting too much floss one morning into Gert's tank, came home and had 5g of water on the floor. Sitting on it, I quick panicked and got bathroom towels to sop it up. It never came up, never buckled. It was drenched, not spotted, it was puddle from couch to entertainment stand, under treadmill. It holds up so well. Hagen's nails and running have not scratched it. Whereas my neighbor has a little yorkie and has scratched up his wood floor.

That's fantastic! I would totally do laminate in the future (new house). We wanted to keep everything consistent throughout the house so real wood it had to be.
  • Like 1

That's good as we have real wood hickory and our English scratched the crap out of it.........not worth it to me.......

*Whispers seductively in FlowerMama's ear" It's 10mm. ;):D

:rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes: we are in murica cmon :lol:

• Like 2

We bought our house when it was about six years old and the oak wood flooring was already massively scratched up. I put down laminate flooring, and in spite of at least two dogs at all times, it still looks brand new after 15 years.

• Like 2

I never did well at math. But it looked to me to be pretty close to the 6th line in from the edge.

20170113_210157_zps53twbfsc.jpg

Yes you are correct but its 3/8s but sadly its probably 10mm in the end :rolleyes:

• Like 3

haha. 10mm it is. I know they're the same measurement it's just funny that I forgot about common denominators for the fraction the first time around.

• Like 1

:rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes: we are in murica cmon :lol:

Bloody Yanks!! :D For as much as we distanced ourselves from England, we still use their damn system of weights and measure.

10mm is just a smidge more than 3/8", a 10mm socket will work on 3/8", but a 3/8" socket won't work on 10mm.

I want that tank. I've been thinking about building 3 24x24x12 tanks for new imports.

• Like 1

This one was built by Glass Cages apparently. 18 x 18 x 8 but at 6 inches, it already has the sectioned off box for the water to go down so it's only 6 inches of water to deal with. Perfect for nursery though I wonder if the Par38 will be too bright. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any kind of dimmer switch. However, the Par 30 in Gert's tank does. I just tried dimmer on the Par38 it doesn't work. Oh well.

• Like 1

That's a super nice little frag tank, you really got a great deal on it!

Thanks, I was surprised no one was biting in the local club which is like 80 people. First he was selling just the tank, then he said tank w/ stand, so I said I had no money & was using the 10g for a nursery but I didn't like the height for a nursery. He said trade ya for some rock flowers. Winner!! I'll make sure he gets some nice ones, because that is a super cool deal. I did tell him he'll have to wait til they grow. The door opens just under 10" and I just found out Petco has a 5.5 g which is 8W x 16L. Winner sump!!! For $13.

• Like 2