Kevin - Low Profile 29gal long

ckevin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

how is everyone? Hope you guys are making progress and learning just like me :)

I have made a couple of improvements to my reef. Mostly replaced sps that do not exude luminance under led with those that do. I want my reef to look good in daylight as well as nightlight.

Also sold my angel because it was nipping too much for my liking. No matter how well i fed it, it would still nibble on my LPS.

The blue digi which is the centrepiece has grown quite a bit. I realised that my sps grow alot faster than when they were under my 4x39w T5. I like my leds.

In general, corals are growing really well and i hope not to make further replacements so that they can grow out into a mature reef. I am curious how it will look when the corals are fully grown out.

20160712_120251_zpstt6urlns.jpg

2016-07-09-23-08-55_zpsq0j2wptt.jpg

Don't usually like to post all blue pics. This will be exceptional just to illustrate my point about sps being luminous.

20160712_170851_zpsno00zuzd.jpg

nanolutionary

Hey, love the rock work in your tank I wish I had less rock in my tank sometimes but bit late for that now its all stuck together with corals on!

I wonder, as the sump water level is quite high, whether you have turned off the power and checked your sump isn't going to overflow in the event of a powercut?

Hey, love the rock work in your tank I wish I had less rock in my tank sometimes but bit late for that now its all stuck together with corals on!

I wonder, as the sump water level is quite high, whether you have turned off the power and checked your sump isn't going to overflow in the event of a powercut?

Thank you for your kind compliment. Only about 1.5litre of water gets into the sump when the power is shut. The sump is designed to handle that.

• 2 weeks later...

received this Purple digi on 14th July.

20160731_114835_zpsdxh8rie0.jpg

remarkable color improvement till date.

20160731_114539_zpsxr41d15y.jpg

yellow porites

20160731_114450_zps8dogdsbl.jpg

side view

20160731_114401_zpsvqmvznbf.jpg

20160731_114156_zpsc63bw2ix.jpg

Undata frag from a fellow reefer. Encrusting after about a month.

20160731_114305_zpsk8lz0t69.jpg

I'm surprised at how well I like the blue background. I typically prefer black, but that blue looks really nice on your tank.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived