Cultivated Reef

Kevin - Low Profile 29gal long

ckevin

Elizabeth94

Looking really great!

Good luck with the algae, I hope your snails take care of that. You might want to consider some type of turbo snail- they are much better workers than the astrea's.

I really like how the lighting on this tank is more white than blue. Makes everything look so natural :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful scape. How long did it take you from setting up to adding all the corals?

Following along.

Hi, It took a little more than 1yr before i am happy with the selection of my corals and scape. I introduced the first coral when the tank was about 2weeks old.

Today i bought a new CA test kit after i have lost mine more than 6months ago. Still holding at 440 :D . Makes me feel like i have wasted $30 on the test kit. All this while, i have just been monitoring my dkh, and making adjustments to the amount of Part B to add so that my dkh falls in range of 7-8. I am currently on 30ml of Part A&B daily.

I am going to make a modification to the overflow box. It looks aweful and distracting. I have a plan but not sure if it will be a success. Basically going to replace the cover with a L-shaped PVC tube. Will be drilling large holes for water to enter. Wait for my pics update!

Shared this 'rainbow' acan with a few reefers. It is all chopped up now. I got 3 polyps :). I think it will take some time for it to regain the colors. This is my first acan. Any advice on care and coloration will be greatly appreciated.

decided to make a new overflow cover. The original box(dymax) is not so effective in sucking in detritus that is being sent its way. In addition, i find the box quite distracting when i take my fts. Hope u guys like it,

2016-05-09-20-32-51_zpsj3mghtym.jpg2016-05-09-20-41-45_zpsibto0hsa.jpg2016-05-09-20-31-41_zpsrghy24ry.jpg

I like the new overflow also. Is it possible to make one in white? I think that would even be more low profile since you have a white backround. Although you would need to keep it clear and clean of algae to look good.

Hi guys, thank you for the kind comments and feedback. I will definitely do a new overflow in white in a bit. The reason that i got so busy? My reef has a new toy and some new inhabitants!!! :D:D

1)added flamehawk, venustus angel, true perc clownfish

2)replaced giesemann matrix dimtec II with 2xHydra HD 26

2016-05-16-16-03-51_zpsnpmm8mx6.jpg2016-05-16-16-03-27_zpsbbupsjtj.jpg2016-05-16-15-54-35%201_zpsvogvorcz.jpg2016-05-16-15-52-26_zpsqdmakefk.jpg

I love the angel. I had good luck with angels by feeding them the frozen cube foods including one with sponges. Sorry but I can't remember the name ATM. I know I fed Emerald Entree to give them greens too.

rickztahone

absolutely gorgeous tank. My current build is pretty much to make something like you, very clean and the least amount of equipment as possible. For this reason I went with an inner overflow and I am hoping this will make the build that much cleaner.

this is one of the best long tanks yet! I love it!

can we get a sump pic? :)

20160517_103928_zpsaxwkol5j.jpg20160517_103951_001_zps6nmmkrl9.jpg20160517_104010_zpsulwwtb2f.jpg

The pump with flexi hose, in the sump, is purely for water changes. The centre compartment holds about 30litres. I change about 20litres each week.

absolutely gorgeous tank. My current build is pretty much to make something like you, very clean and the least amount of equipment as possible. For this reason I went with an inner overflow and I am hoping this will make the build that much cleaner.

I am following yours. :)

rickztahone

I am following yours. :)

Thanks. It is truthfully builds like yours though that have given me the inspiration to know what it is I want my tank to look like. So, you all have made it that much easier on me.

• 3 weeks later...

Incredible build. I'm due to start my tank thread soon, once I get ahold of a camera that isn't a cellphone. You're really tempting me to give SPS a try further down the track. Until then, LPS/Softs suit me just fine :)

ps: following.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived