Pod Your Reef

IM Lagoon 25 Tank Build

reefhound

reefhound

post-88802-0-85581900-1462250378_thumb.jpg

Lettuce Nudi painting some artwork..

I count 10 eggs across... so? 30k eggs?

interesting, they are free floating until she turns and pastes them to the glass with her mouth

reefhound

flame tail finally showed up looking for lunch.. he's got his spot but stays pretty well hidden.. I have all types of algae.. but so far have only seen him eat mysis like a pig.

a few myths.. my lettuce sea slugs won't touch hair algae, my the sexy shrimp pounce on it and can actually clear it out pretty damn fast!

picked up a little 3.5 gallon tank to transfer eggs over and see if I can hatch the lettuce slugs in an outflow free tank

• 1 month later...

3 new ultra RFA's :D

WP_20160604_002.jpg

I managed to get three at the LFS for 150.00

now that might not seem like a steal, but these are pretty impressive.. sorry the pics suck

WP_20160604_004.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
mystersyster

Hey man. I see you have the tunze 9001. How does it fit? Mind showing a pic of how you got it in? I'm pulling the trigger on this tank soon, just hesitant because the skimmer options are limited.

Odyssey350kc

pod box is a great idea, and your clam looks awesome. Hopefully your rock anemones will spawn and youll get some tiny ones all over your tank.

pod box is a great idea, and your clam looks awesome. Hopefully your rock anemones will spawn and youll get some tiny ones all over your tank.

I pulled out the box.. took up too much room. raising pods in jars atm

just did an LED build, tank looks way different now!

DSCN3076.jpg

much better color

DSCN3073.jpg

Hey man. I see you have the tunze 9001. How does it fit? Mind showing a pic of how you got it in? I'm pulling the trigger on this tank soon, just hesitant because the skimmer options are limited.

it's an easy fit... just split the magnet and glue it to the back.. it splits easy with just a hacksaw blade, sheet of sand paper, and is perfect. after about 2 weeks, the skimmer is an absolute workhorse!

you will see exactly what I mean when you have it in your hands... I would also recommend the 2 pumps... go back a page and check the contents in the box I ordered from intank (2 pumps, 2 lines)

WP_20160326_019.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

blue stripe pipefish FINALLY eating frozen... this thing has drove me nuts. I've seriously considered returning him but he's just too cool!

• 2 weeks later...
nolanrob123

That looks really nice! The LFA is sweet. You can hardly see the skimmer. Looks like I will pull the trigger on that one shortly. I like how the clam adds some variation in the color too.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

is the Tunze skimmer better than the IM skimmer?

most people think so.. I just did my research and went with it.

I don't have experience with both, but as far as the 9001 goes, I don't thing it could get any better.

also, with the skimmer in the middle chamber, you have room for a media reactor in 1 chamber, and heater in the other

if you add the 2 eheim 600's for the MOD, you definitely won't be disappointed at all..

the whole setup just really out performs any expectations I had

most people think so.. I just did my research and went with it.

I don't have experience with both, but as far as the 9001 goes, I don't thing it could get any better.

also, with the skimmer in the middle chamber, you have room for a media reactor in 1 chamber, and heater in the other

if you add the 2 eheim 600's for the MOD, you definitely won't be disappointed at all..

the whole setup just really out performs any expectations I had

Thats awesome thanks for the help. Sounds like great advice Ill definitely take you up on it.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

Hey! Since I follow your RFA build, how has this tank been doing?

I also have a IM25 and always looking for things to do to it.

Currently I am growing macro algae in the back... but not sure if I want to go the skimmer route instead.

• 7 months later...
On 3/26/2016 at 7:32 PM, reefhound said:

just in from Stevie

WP_20160326_001.jpg

what size tubing is this? just order my two pumps. Not exactly this brand but they're Rio's. Thanks

• 3 months later...