SaltCritters.com

Acros Is for the Amorous....

basser1

Awesome, nice to see some colonies.

The Lokani seems to like a lot of light, that's why I prefer to call these smooth skin rather than deep water. Mine seems impervious to high PO4, high NO3, and other issues that have killed some of my "easier" corals.

cool man, will move it. The guy I got it from had it on the sand and it was one of the few corals in his tank that looked good. His tank was high in nutrients and the Lokani looked amazing.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cool man, will move it. The guy I got it from had it on the sand and it was one of the few corals in his tank that looked good. His tank was high in nutrients and the Lokani looked amazing.

Figures, I kind of suspected that. I've just been in awe at how every other SPS, including slimer and purple stylo, rapidly died and I had to cut to save, meanwhile the Lokani continued to grow. I want a tank full of Lokanis :)

Figures, I kind of suspected that. I've just been in awe at how every other SPS, including slimer and purple stylo, rapidly died and I had to cut to save, meanwhile the Lokani continued to grow. I want a tank full of Lokanis :)

nothing wrong with a tank full of Lokani

The other day someone tried to tell me stick tanks weren't pretty... I beg to differ.

5m9YznQ.jpg

y89akUn.jpg

CdEo129.jpg

YPTBlEC.jpg

TsMQG7v.jpg

POYhNtS.jpg

The other day someone tried to tell me stick tanks weren't pretty... I beg to differ.

I agree. You have some great looking colonies.

Is anyone using the Aquaforest Probiotic salt? Considering switching to this over RSCP.

I'm using it but just switched a couple weeks ago. I like it so far mixes up to where I run my alk at. Way more polyp extension than before on the tank in using it on. Haven't noticed any drop in nutrients since using it. Prob will just use the regular Reef salt when this is out.

I'm using it but just switched a couple weeks ago. I like it so far mixes up to where I run my alk at. Way more polyp extension than before on the tank in using it on. Haven't noticed any drop in nutrients since using it. Prob will just use the regular Reef salt when this is out.

Thanks. I think I'll be making the switch and running their program. Salt and component 1+2+3+. Still a bit unsure of the other additives since I'd like to just run ME Amino and live phyto.

Thanks. I think I'll be making the switch and running their program. Salt and component 1+2+3+. Still a bit unsure of the other additives since I'd like to just run ME Amino and live phyto.

I used some of the AF products. Micro E, Pro Bio S, Coral E, Coral B, NP Pro. A buddy used the products and all the algae in his tank disappeared. So, figured would see if it kills Bryopsis. Well bryopsis is still there, cyano is completely gone. Some corals color improved while other seemed to have gotten darker. Polyp extension has always been good, except for after the Tech M disaster. Got to the point where some of my chalice started bleaching, so I discontinued use until they regain color. Will then try it again and see if I can dial it in or move the chalices into a nano

I'm waiting on 3 more things to come in and I'll be trying the system. Here is a RR Star fire. It pretty much tells me when I need a water change. As the days go on after a water change it gets less and less polyp extension. This pic is right after a water change tonight.

20160504_204601-01_zpsthattmzr.jpeg

Must try their probio salt.

I start with their probio salt after I exhaust my Red Sea Pro.

3 days after I change to AF salt I have a shock.

This piece was brown (In my tank for at least 6 months) then it start to show blue.

post-5767-0-93115600-1462414460_thumb.jpg

has anyone seen the Jason Fox Homewrecker?

You mean this? lol

RTKgMjg.jpg

Did you happen to catch this WYSIWYG homewrecker that sold out in a few hours? I posted on my thread about it and tried to get 70 people to split this @ $100 a piece. You can do the math as to how much the 1" frag cost :lol:.

FbAxRJh.jpg

I agree. You have some great looking colonies.

Pshh I wish that was mine! I just snapped a bunch of pictures of a friends tank.

...Someday though.

HarryPotter

I'm waiting on 3 more things to come in and I'll be trying the system. Here is a RR Star fire. It pretty much tells me when I need a water change. As the days go on after a water change it gets less and less polyp extension. This pic is right after a water change tonight.

20160504_204601-01_zpsthattmzr.jpeg

I have one of those too, crazy PE all the time! Mine is a nice dark red and branching finally after fully encrusting the plug

they call it the homewrecker because I will be sleeping in the dog house, if I paid that kind of money for a photo shopped tenuis frag

Here u go..

Less than 1/2 inch - $15 - WWC Yellow Tips.

26854740945_77659e414d_o.jpg

Jason Fox sticky Ikky.

Here is what the person bought (1st pic) and he could not keep it so I got it from him (pic 2) when it started STNing in his tank

Pic 1:

26250549743_78beb489dc_o.jpg

Pic 2:

26581898350_5fe9c21170_o.jpg

Here u go..

Less than 1/2 inch - $15 - WWC Yellow Tips.

26854740945_77659e414d_o.jpg

Jason Fox sticky Ikky.

Here is what the person bought (1st pic) and he could not keep it so I got it from him (pic 2) when it started STNing in his tank

Pic 1:

26250549743_78beb489dc_o.jpg

Pic 2:

26581898320_3acaf3c058_o.jpg

Wow looks completely different.

Amazing how corals adapt in each environment.

Archived