Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Green Flatworms ?

dyamazon

I noticed a few of these (image attached) in my IM 10g a bit a go...now I have more. I spent an hour today carefully sucking them off the glass, sand and rock work. Should I be concerned ?

Anyway to get rid of them other than Exit ? I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks for 6 days, and not really keen on using something like that prior to going -- will things be ok until I return if I keep siphoning them out ?

Thanks!

post-89996-0-58829300-1457812309_thumb.jpg

Looks like an Acoel flat worm.

They are typically regarded as pests so you should certainly continue siphoning them out. A lot of people use airline tubing with a fine mesh bag attached to the end. This captures the flatworms so you can dump the water back into the tank.

As for an exit product, it's up to you if you want to go that route. Definitely don't want them to reach plague proportions though.

Looks like an Acoel flat worm.

They are typically regarded as pests so you should certainly continue siphoning them out. A lot of people use airline tubing with a fine mesh bag attached to the end. This captures the flatworms so you can dump the water back into the tank.

As for an exit product, it's up to you if you want to go that route. Definitely don't want them to reach plague proportions though.

I have personally seen plague proportions and the result of exiting with such levels, Keep them low and exit them as soon as you have very few. And have lots of carbon/waterchange on hand.

I would recommend you remain around for the procedure, they wiped the tank out at work killing off a wicked infestation.

Archived