Innovative Marine Aquariums

Astinus' Build *A work in Progress*

Astinus

omgomgomg Liveaquaria Pkg arrived at 10 AM Local...That was FAST!

Just some pics. ..lol...1st up is bx and packaging......

PhfkKd.jpg

9sE3I1.jpg

The 2 Pink Feather Dusters.....

wDk19z.jpg

And now the 2 frags and where I placed them..

Eox5r6.jpg

5AGErr.jpg

I would really like to hear opinions. What ya think? Is Placement okay, or should I move something?

Thank you all for the input, well wishing and Most of all, education.

Mike & Shar :wub:

On a Side note, I have to admit, I am somewhat disappointed about the Frags. I thought I was going to get 2 or 3 (Meaning I thought I was gonna get 4-6) Heads, it appears I got 1, but then, they haven't opened yet. I hope that with good care, they will grow kind of quickly? lol..maybe not as quickly as a snail can move, but...anyways... :P

• Like 3

:( DAYUM! Just lost our Little Clown fish....He wasn't big enough to avoid the Intake... :(

Shar and I are so bummed. He tried swimming, but his tail was pretty gone and was weak and floundering...definitely wouldn't make the night :( Sadly, had to humanely, if u can call it that, down the Toilet :tears:

So excited this morn with the arrival from Live Aquaria and now this.

Thank you Slowtwitch... There is a Grate over the intake...I am going to the LFS tomorrow and will ask them about a Porous material to maybe help prevent this in future.

I really like your bubble! I've wanted one since I started my tank, but I keep getting mixed messages about how hardy they are/aren't. Let me know how it goes. Where are you planning to put the hammers?

Penny (also PJ, but I see there is another now!)

So far, Penny, The Bubble hasn't opened as much as it was on 1st day, seems to doing okay. I have been feeding Coral Frenzy every 3 days and Zoo Plankton every other day...Maybe I am over feeding? IDK :(

When I go to LFS tomorrow will bring another water sample for testing...they have the good tests!

OH! I do dose every other Day with Reef Fusion 1 and 2 for Cal and Alk

• Like 1

Sorry about your little clown. They have so much spunk and personality, it does not take long to bond to them.

Everything is looking good. Love the bubble coral. I agree with others that you might not need to be supplementing Cal and Alk right now... yet. With so few corals and no sps, not much is eating Cal and Alk up and water changes should replenish what you need at this point. You don't want them getting to high or throwing things out of balance. :)

I like your rock work, Cant wait to see everything grow.

sorry about the clown.I had a firefish sneak out the smallest gap myself. even when anticipated, the little blighters will test your defences.

The 2 new Corals Have opened.... here they are :)

U can see the Pearly Jawfish also :D

XxwtJo.jpg

*Side Note*

Remind me to get a DSLR!

• Like 3

TY Slowtwitch.

Every Mornin' I feed the Fish some Brine Shrimp and PE (Something).

Every other day I Feed Zoo Plankton and 3rd day with Coral Frenzy. Is there something specific I should target feed?

The PE Mysis is great. Brine shrimp is like candy for everything. They like it, but it's not very nutritious. I target fed mine Omega One pellets every few days and it grew from a single head to 12-14 in under a year.

• Like 1

The PE Mysis is great. Brine shrimp is like candy for everything. They like it, but it's not very nutritious. I target fed mine Omega One pellets every few days and it grew from a single head to 12-14 in under a year.

Just curious, did u break it up/grind it? Soak it in Tank water and siphon?

Since the Loss of the smaller Clown last night, I removed a Large LR from the tank and brought it back to the LFS, got credit for it, so we got a Bi-color Blenny. Photos will follow. Blennies are so cool! B) and so :ninja:

New Tank Photos with 1 large LR removed and added Bi-color Blenny.

Odd Ball shot of the Blenny...also this is where the Rock "Was".

JvBul9.jpg

Sticking his head out of Rock on Left side

96KDKB.jpg

8TQZ5F.jpg

U can just make out the Blenny Poking his head out of a new Crevice and the Jawfish on the right...

NDwoZA.jpg

2 Pics of Jawfish

vg4bUH.jpg

and

gCu5ls.jpg

Enjoy :D

DOH! Did it again..previous post ...lol....

8P9AmK.jpg

• Like 8

Looking good! Wishing you luck, success and enjoyment with you little reef!

I saw you liked my tank thread; check out my Duncan. That was one head when I got it about two years ago. I rarely feed and they have survived some pretty intense tank moments and lifecycle Jn their surroundings. Overall I'd say the Duncan's have been my most hardy coral.

• Like 2

TY LongDoggy...Ur Duncans Look awesome!

It is always nice to hear compliments..and for me, I also like to hear "Constructive" Criticism.

I am glad folks like my Posts and the Pictures...Now, I still need to get a decent used DSLR. :rolleyes: