Pod Your Reef

Astinus' Build *A work in Progress*

Astinus

StinkyBunny

Trumpets are strange corals. The one's out of Indo are tough as nails, the ones out of Fiji die if you sneeze too close to the tank. I got a head out of Fiji, it didn't ship well, and all I have out of 18 heads are 3. I dipped it and dipped it to no avail.

Hmm..that does sound odd. I bought the 2 plugs at the same time from same display tank. They were almost next to each other.

Maybe the healthier 1 came in from a dif shipment?

TY Gena :) I love that Zoa Group.

As for the Trumpets, 1 Head looks like it is gone and, TBH, when I bought both of those 2 Plugs, The 1 on the right wasn't too happy looking, but happy enough that I bought it. And the Plug on the left, I thought it was a Trumpet....Just looked up Blastomussa...

Nope...The Plug on the left has 2 heads, 1 much larger and the other is on the side of the main stalk(?)

Are you sure that healthy frag is a trumpet? It totally looks like some blastos I used to have. Like the purple single head in this link....

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+2790+2669&pcatid=2669

What a great pic

TY Sk8n :)

Years ago, long before digital cameras, I had a Pentax K1000. Film.

I had a photo album. Long story short. A Professional photographer looked at it and said I had a natural eye for photography.

Jump fwd to today...I wish I had a DSLR. I'd be happy with 10 mega pixel.

I was very happy that Pic came out so nice looking from the phone.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

TY Sk8n :)

Years ago, long before digital cameras, I had a Pentax K1000. Film.

I had a photo album. Long story short. A Professional photographer looked at it and said I had a natural eye for photography.

Jump fwd to today...I wish I had a DSLR. I'd be happy with 10 mega pixel.

I was very happy that Pic came out so nice looking from the phone.

What the hell you waiting for? My cheap ass bought a Canon 7D a few years back, now to learn to use it. The camera's the cheap part, I bet I have $2500 in lenses right now.

Hmm..that does sound odd. I bought the 2 plugs at the same time from same display tank. They were almost next to each other.

Maybe the healthier 1 came in from a dif shipment?

It's possible. I've had stuff come in from the same supplier on different weekends and 1 do well, the next not. I was blown away that all 4 of the Cladiellas did well, usually you can count on at least 1 milkshake in a bag with them. They did start shipping them suspended on a piece of styro and that helps IMMENSELY. Walt Smith ships his yellow leathers that way now as well as the Lobophytons. Soft corals get stuck in the corners of the bags and die folks. Indo has been using square bags which helps a lot with leather corals.

• Like 1

What the hell you waiting for? My cheap ass bought a Canon 7D a few years back, now to learn to use it. The camera's the cheap part, I bet I have $2500 in lenses right now.

It's possible. I've had stuff come in from the same supplier on different weekends and 1 do well, the next not. I was blown away that all 4 of the Cladiellas did well, usually you can count on at least 1 milkshake in a bag with them. They did start shipping them suspended on a piece of styro and that helps IMMENSELY. Walt Smith ships his yellow leathers that way now as well as the Lobophytons. Soft corals get stuck in the corners of the bags and die folks. Indo has been using square bags which helps a lot with leather corals.

TY for the info! B)

*Edit* Fixed Disabled Vet Income. I will need a "Used" Camera and Lens for around 200..or less if Possible.

Pipe Dream? (DSLR)

Edited by Astinus
  • 3 weeks later...

Pic of the Bubble Coral B)

Front

mCmJ21.jpg

Front Angle

p06iUX.jpg

Top Down

AtuvDD.jpg

This Particular Coral is doing quite well and am Happy :wub:B)

Zoas.

UDfhQO.jpg

• Like 5

Bubble coral looks awesome Astinus!

Thank You Sharbuckle :) It is doing quite well :wub:

It certainly does seem to be growing!

I was lucky and was able to get this from our LFS. TBH, forgot how much we paid.

I do know if u look back in my build, I did take photos when we got it.

Just found the Bubble Coral. It is on Page 1 of my thread :)

Cencalfishguy56

I was lucky and was able to get this from our LFS. TBH, forgot how much we paid.

I do know if u look back in my build, I did take photos when we got it.

Just found the Bubble Coral. It is on Page 1 of my thread :)

looks good astinus :)
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
RayWhisperer

#### me! 15 pages in one sitting.

Tank looks good. I'm impressed at the transformation the bubble has undergone. Tbh, I was going to reply as on as I saw the first pic of it and tell you it was looking a bit bleached. Then I looked at the posting date. Duh... What a difference.

Don't know who posted it, but I think they are right, judging by the pics. That coral looks more like a blasto than a trumpet. Don't take that wrong, I think most would take a blasto over a trumpet any day.

It IS a Blasto. For some reason I thought it was a Trumpet. I got them at same time..Trumpet is No Longer.

Blasto is doing good. Main head looks like it is growing.

I am VERY happy about the Bubble's Growth and Color. I feed it every day with Spirulina Brine/Mysis shrimp.

Every 3 days or so I feed Coral Frenzy as well.

TY for taking all that time to read that many pages.

• Like 1

Well, I have Aiptasia :eek:

Picked up 2 Peppermint Shrimp Yesterday. I want to try the "Natural" Route to get rid of them, 1st.

Shar wanted another Anemone, so, we got 1. It is a Green Long Tentacle 1. Still Smallish. Maybe 2 or 3 inches across. (Open)

Will get Pics up Later.

RayWhisperer

I understand the desire to keep it natural, but it's way too hit or miss with peps, IMO. If they don't do anything, take em back and buy some joes juice, or aptasia x. Both are cheap, easy fixes for only a few aptasia.

TY Ray, I will take this advice. Added the Peps yesterday, saw them for about an hr, now can't find them.

They are probably hiding in my rocks in the back. Unless our Largish Cinnamon Clown ate them? Don't know if Clowns

would go after them. That is the only Fish in Tank. There is a Brittle Star in there... seems to like to hide. I see an arm now and then, that's the only way I know it is alive...lol.

I have noticed a huge population bloom of Tube Worms. *White feather Dusters* Especially along the back side of the rock scape

against the back wall. I know that they are beneficial, as they are filter feeders.

Should I be concerned if they really get out of control? These are not Vermetids.

Pretty cool looking in a way.

Today's FTS.

EgAVID.jpg

Green Anemone and RBTA w/ Clown.

hWsXVM.jpg

Bubble Coral.

6uOiko.jpg

Duncans

81DG9y.jpg

Zoas

c0Gp5K.jpg

Elegance

bt6bZ3.jpg

And now the Tube Worms! Just some of them.

VsrLfI.jpg

Sorry it has been a little while since last updated.

TY All for those that are following...it is greatly appreciated :wub:B)

• Like 2