SaltCritters.com

Astinus' Build *A work in Progress*

Astinus

FlowerMama

I've had mine 2 yrs, it's only now that they half- host a large chalice, they've hosted the power head or corners mostly. Yep, no guarantee.

• Like 2

If the whole clown/nem thing is super important, another thought would be to keep an eye out for an existing clown at your LFS that is already hosted by an anemone in their store. Trade in your clown and either buy the clown and the nem OR buy just the clown and hope it takes a liking to your BTA.

My two love their toads, but it took 7 months before they found a home other than the seachem ammonia badge or the thermometer :lol:

That could be an option for sure.

At Night our Perc loves to "Host" the power head on the top left of the tank.

• Like 1

I Love our Tank!

New Life form discovered this morning. I Believe we now have some "Pods".

They are like super tiny almost shrimp like in form. At 1st I thought it was some left over food being caught up in the flow, but these are

swimming and not because of flow. I'd like to try and get a Picture, but I don't know if I can get a good picture.

Wanted to share the discovery.

Yes it is. And after searching the Forums, I believe these are Pods. I Had dosed our tank 2 maybe 3 times with Pods and I thought for sure the filter(s) caught them up. But now, I am glad to see that some have actually made it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought so. TY Stella and Sunwyrm :)

You should occasionally see an "explosion" of pods. Every now and then that happens in my tank. And then they are gone until the next time. Get some liquid phytoplankton. I use Phyto Feast. It helps with the pod explosions :).

• 2 weeks later...

How goes everything?

TY Stella for checking in.

Well, our Clown Fish that we were going to "Trade in" at our LFS after they came back from Vaca, well, it died.

I am not sure if it had Ich. Found it on the BR floor. Cat brought it in. So, I am sure the Clown went Carpet surfing.

With that said, regarding Ich, we are going to let the tank sit fallow for 2 months.

We have noticed a nice, what appears to me, to be a large "pod" population. Tiny flea-ish like looking critters.

I Googled them, and not 100% on my ID, but, cool nonetheless.

Our Cleaner Shrimp has molted yet again...that makes 3 molts since we got him. The Pom Pom Crab has also molted.

Can't wait til the 1st. Need to get supplies!

I am definitely picking up some kind of coral epoxy. We have the Superglue Gel. The damn snails! They keep knocking the Duncans down!

1 day, found the Tube Nem, Feather head stuck to the "thing" (F*kn memory block, another brain cell gone)

That you sold me...it helps provide flow to the back wall. I thought it was a goner. Well, I pulled it out and put it back to where

it was, it is doing good!

TBH, can't wait to get some fish again.

The Zoas are showing signs of growth. It's nice to see that :)

The Elegance and Bubble Corals seem to be doing well too.

Photos to follow .......

Here u can see some Zoas "Growing"? Also a question. I forgot the name of the Green Coral to the left of the Zoas, the question is, how will I know that it is beginning to grow?

fHCbE4.jpg

Elegance

OYqBq4.jpg

Tube Nem and Bubble getting ready for night night. above the Nem are some trumpet and ??? Forgot.

qDE1jB.jpg

Damn, blurry :(

VLIeFS.jpg

And, Stella.....These seem to be growing :)

KYp8Dd.jpg

Sorry about the quality of some of the pics <_<

• Like 2

Hooray! Got paid and got some supplies that were needed! I forgot to get some epoxy though <_<:rolleyes:

We also brought home a Clown. It was hosting a coral, there wasn't an Anemomone in the tank. If u scroll up from this posting to the bottom picture from above, that was what it was playing in. Anyways, Overnight, the clown found the Nem!!! Shar is SOOooo HAPPY! omgomgomg:haha: TBH, I too am happy!

Our RBTA has been on the move! The Nem has been on the move for the past few days and settled back down, well, it is on the move again with it's new Buddy, the Clown.

STXSvu.jpg

UfUYEy.jpg

TY all for looking and following :)

• Like 3

The green coral next to your Zoas is a favia

TY! How can I tell if and or when it starts to grow?

love your tank. Especially love the way your zoas are patching and growing together i hope mine do that someday :wub:

TY! I too love the Zoas. I bought them as a cluster. There are 4 colonies there. And they are growing/spreading.

They are not glued or epoxied down. The disk sits pretty nicely there.

cute clown! Looks like vangel's baby :)

I forgot the epoxy yesterday...Trip to lfs to get some :rolleyes:

I will ask about the Clown...as in, what it is. She named the damn thing, can't for the life of me remember.

Shar is so excited about the Hosting going on :)

• Like 1